Old 10-16-2015, 12:28 AM   #1

Berkshire Diesel 38A Bunkhouse Owners?

I am seriously considering upgrading from Georgetown 351 Gas Bunkhouse to Diesel Berkshire 38A Bunkhouse. Love the floorpan, but I have to be honest, I have been less than impressed with workmanship with Georgetown. I have looked at Tiffin and Fleetwood bunkhouse and I am not as thrilled with their floorpan. Well, Fleetwood Discovery is great but a bit longer than I would prefer. FR 38A's floor plan is just perfect for us.

Anyone have a recent model? Any opinions?

Old 10-16-2015, 11:44 AM   #2

Bouts our 2016 38a the last week in June. Went full time Sep 1. No major issues after 7,500miles. Stopped by Forest River Diesel on our inaugural run and they adjusted, tweaked and replaced a few minor items i.e., light fixture, drawer slide, baggage door shock..... Major re-selling point for us (having no had the experience) is FR's willingness to fix any issues. A fantastic group of guys working hard to make a great coach! Bottom line they absolutely stand behind their products. Unless we're completely broke down we'll always have them work on the coach!

--Nathan
2016 38a

Old 10-16-2015, 02:05 PM   #3

Sorry for all the typos.... Big fingers, little phone.... lots of auto correct...
Old 10-16-2015, 03:40 PM   #4

No worries re spelling...and thanks for your feedback. Good to know, because their floorplan and price is really attractive
Old 10-16-2015, 03:57 PM   #5

FYI.... I Shopped for 3 years looking for a bath 1/2, bunk, res refer, King bed, tankless water heater.... my list went on forever! If we had a king bed, fridge with bottom freezer, "L" couch and table/chairs dinette (so we can have side desk) this coach would be utopian... the list of features keeps getting better and better..... A/C's are a little loud and have a hard time keeping up here in Tucson, AZ. Biggest win for heat is getting the MagneShade.com shades... AMAZING difference in comfort... highly recommend ordering that before you order your coach.. Took 7 weeks to build the coach and 6.5 weeks to make our windshield shade
Disney's "Cars"...
Old 10-16-2015, 04:07 PM   #6

I haven't seen any make with bunk and L Shape...I wish they did...been thinking of getting those shades for my georgetown ... but been reluctant because I am talking myself into trading to a Diesel like 38A lol
Old 10-16-2015, 10:40 PM   #7

I owed a Fleetwood discovery before my Berk 390BH60. The workmanship of the Discovery is much better but I am not sure that is justifies the huge price differential.

Although we have had a few challanges.with our Berk we are extremely happy with the product. For our family the Floorplan and price point to of the Berk works very well.
Old 10-18-2015, 01:11 AM   #8

We are going to buy a Berkshire XL 40BH soon. We just have to decide if it will be a 360 HP or a 380 Hp. My advise to CalifRvLawyer is to take a look at one of those. We are trading in a 2008 Georgetown 350 DS with bunks. We never had any issues with our Georgetown, it is just time to upgrade and one of the reason we are staying with a Forest River product.
Old 10-18-2015, 06:37 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fkaske View Post
We are going to buy a Berkshire XL 40BH soon. We just have to decide if it will be a 360 HP or a 380 Hp. My advise to CalifRvLawyer is to take a look at one of those. We are trading in a 2008 Georgetown 350 DS with bunks. We never had any issues with our Georgetown, it is just time to upgrade and one of the reason we are staying with a Forest River product.
what the price difference between the 360 and the 380 ???
Old 10-18-2015, 10:19 AM   #10

We have owned our 2016 38A since August 28th and love everything about it. The floor plan, the ride , Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1445177911.083385.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	92014. Much better than our 2013 Excursion 35B.

Chris & Carol
2016 Berkshire 38A
2014 Honda CRV

Blue Ox base plate & tow bar. Air Force one Braking system.
ccupton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berkshire, bunk, bunkhouse, diesel