Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-18-2019, 10:12 PM   #21

I've heard not to by the new model the 1st year out as it pertains to cars. They have to get the bugs worked out. Seems like it's the same for RV's as well.
RollinInn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RollinInn View Post
Thank you all so much. I appreciate the feedback. It's nice to know the manufacturer stands by their product. And thanks for the input on Total Value. I like they allow you to set up in their little on-site campground (although I see on Google maps, there is a large campground right next door) so you can try out all the systems before you take your new purchase home.

Reading other forums and all the issues owners have makes me sometimes think keeping devil I know (and is paid for) vs sinking $200k+ into the devil I don't. It seems even the higher level "luxury" motorhomes aren't without problems. But I'm wanting to take the next step to upgrade.

I'm still trying to narrow down my list and thank you for your experience and responses.

I thought Berkshire was around $500,000.00
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2019, 11:23 PM   #23
Dragonship Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by spock123 View Post
I thought Berkshire was around $500,000.00
You were misinformed. There are various sizes and levels of trim. Currently the opening bid on the economy Berks is well south of $300K Selling prices somewhere around $200K. Some quality time on RVtrader.com will give you better insight.
Old 02-19-2019, 03:57 PM   #24

Berkshire owners, please share your impressions

The 2019 Berkshire XLT has a MSRP around $400K with all the bells & whistles. Washer, dryer, satellite dish, heated floors, dishwasher, Aquahot, etc.
CRL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 10:35 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyj View Post
We have a 2018 XL 40C, one of the first to be built. That was my mistake. Lots of early problems almost too many to mention. I think my (and others) bad experience led to some 2019 improvements. We too had great help from the warranty team, but nothing from engineering. They do not listen or return calls and even went to the suppliers to stop my communication. Having said that my 2018 is now totally fixed, thanks to many great suggestions from the forum, of course, and we are totally happy with our coach. I believe my 2018 to be better than even the 2019 in some ways. Anyway, The biggest help we had was from the team at Motorhomes2Go. Gene and Jim and Trip were just super in getting the coach fixed, including removing the AC unit and properly installing it so that it could work. No more 100 degree cabin temperatures, (actually 101.) Photo if you like. Again too many issues to mention, but after a flawless 7000 mile trip to the west coast and back I can say again Thank you Forest River for a great coach and thank you Motorhomes2Go for the best price and service in the nation.

BobbyJ
State College PA
And a very big THANK YOU to you Bobby for letting us pick your brain when we were considering buying our 2018 XL 40C. Your knowledge and insight was invaluable to us during such a big decision and purchase! Our Berkshire Family is awesome!! Thank you!!
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 11:47 PM   #26

I’ll put my two-bits in as well.. .

I guess we have one of the older girls out there - we have a 2008 and have owned her for 7 yrs.... We LOVE our Berk so much we full-time in her....

Just recently turned 60K on her and she’s still a champ!!!!!

She still look great -

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4934.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	358.5 KB
ID:	197379
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2019, 02:31 AM   #27

Berkshire owners, please share your impressions

Our 2011 have had her since August 16’. I’ve named her Buffy and she’s as beautiful as the one above. Berkshire lovers!!! Our plate is our states of birth
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_2525.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	293.8 KB
ID:	197387  
omahagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 10:14 PM   #28
BAC

They gave us a good price on a 39A
BAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 05:09 PM   #29

Name:	IMG_3414.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	235.5 KB
ID:	199010

Gettin ready for the season, no regrets
Dijoeboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 09:34 PM   #30
Dragonship Captain

About to hit 27000 miles in 28 months...... Still having fun.

Things break, I fix.

Haven't been stranded yet..... Into a shop once for a warrantee fix.

Knock on genuine simulated wood.
Old 03-18-2019, 01:44 AM   #31

This is our first motorhome. After spending a week at the Pomona, CA RV show last October looking at numerous Class A diesels our heads were spinning. But gradually we narrowed it down to the Berk as having all the essentials we wanted (Class A Diesel with decent hill and towing torque, large shower, 1.5 baths, great basement) and as giving the best bang for the buck. We wanted quality and function, but didn't need luxury - we're campers, BTW.

We were also impressed with the many amenities included: on-demand hot water, washer/dryer, full basement slide, satellite antenna, WiFi extender, macerator toilet, Shower Miser recirculation plumbing, 8KW generator, large tanks for water, fuel, and sewage, and others too numerous to mention. I realize some were "options" but that's how it was outfitted.

So we bought our 2018 Berk 39A in November and are up to 4K miles now. We could have paid considerably less for the same floorspace, but the quality difference was quite noticeable.

We've had some QC issues, but between FR and the local dealer, they have been taken care of with no quibbling or cost. Overall, it's been a good experience.

I agree with all the positive evaluations posted here so far - except for the mattress. I really find it comfortable; maybe we just got lucky. To paraphrase Sly: Different mattresses for different folks.

Tags
berkshire