Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-19-2012, 08:23 PM   #21

Just happened on my 2010 390bh. I remembered reading this thread, pulled over, followed the procedures, and it raised the coach. When I originally read the thread, I didn't understand what it meant. In a year of driving this unit, this was the first time I've experienced the "bounce". Thanks FRF!
kingwood390bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 11:59 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moracechaney View Post
I had this also, so what I have figured out is depending on the sequence of retracting your jacks, it may take a long time to air up the suspension, so since I now crank up, let the pressure build up to over 100(the bar between 75 and 150), then retract the jacks, all is well. Otherwise takes a while and the suspension only airs up after the brake system is up, takes a while if driving, which can't be good for it!
I had the Pogo Stick Bounce once and spoke with the factory about it. The system has a switch that triggers the suspension air bags to inflate when the jacks are raised. Same as when lowering jacks it triggers the system to dump the air bags. The switch is timed so if you raise the jacks and then take more than a minute or so to start the engine the switch has timed out and the bags don't inflate.

According to the factory here is the proper sequence: With motor off bring in slides. Start engine. You will get the warning beeps from the leveling system, which is normal. After system pressure builds to around 100 PSI retract the jacks. Air suspension will inflate and you are ready to go in less than 5 min.

Also to help you know when you are at ride height just pick a spot in front of you and line it up with your wiper blades before you raise the jacks. Once that point is no longer changing you are at ride height.
62_inrightlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #23
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62_inrightlane View Post
I had the Pogo Stick Bounce........

According to the factory here is the proper sequence:

1. With motor off bring in slides. Start engine.
2. You will get the warning beeps from the leveling system, which is normal.
3. After system pressure builds to around 100 PSI retract the jacks.
4. Air suspension will inflate and you are ready to go in less than 5 min.
I have followed your instructions and no pogo bounce so far! Thanks!
TaterColo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 10:02 PM   #24

My reference point is my rear mud flap. With bags deflated the flap rests on the ground. After inflation, the flap is about 2 inches off the ground. Its part of my check list.
kingwood390bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:12 AM   #25

I had the same thing happen this week before leaving Fort Wilderness at Disney World. As per the (electronic) check list, I did air up one of my tires on my 2014 400BH. Wondering if that had anything to do with the air bags not filling up properly?

I pulled over (and read this great forum for advice), shut off the engine, performed an Auto Level and then did the All Retract, and the coach lifted up and there was no more bouncing. Man - that scared the crap out of me.

We are now camping on Pensacola Beach and this morning I set myself up an account on the FR Forums to stay tapped in with you guys.

-Bobby
BobbyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:28 AM   #26

My reference is the height of the body off the tires usually 3 to 4 inches. Jim
jrlebaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:22 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyD View Post
I had the same thing happen this week before leaving Fort Wilderness at Disney World. As per the (electronic) check list, I did air up one of my tires on my 2014 400BH. Wondering if that had anything to do with the air bags not filling up properly?

I pulled over (and read this great forum for advice), shut off the engine, performed an Auto Level and then did the All Retract, and the coach lifted up and there was no more bouncing. Man - that scared the crap out of me.

We are now camping on Pensacola Beach and this morning I set myself up an account on the FR Forums to stay tapped in with you guys.

-Bobby

Welcome to the club Bobby.

2013 Berkshire 390 BH
Old 07-29-2014, 10:34 AM   #28

Glad it fixed it self. You can't go far like that it's a wild ride.
Welcome to the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:21 PM   #29

This "malady" has been around for at least a year. I had it happen to me in June of last year.

Randy Houser explained to me that there if a valve in there somewhere, that is only open for a short amount of time when you start to retract the jacks.

If there is not enough air pressure, the valve will close before the air pressure is high enough to fill the bags quickly.

I always start engine, make sure I've got 125-135 lbs of pressure, then hit the retract all button. The jacks will come UP fine with the engine running, but I don't think they will go DOWN with the engine running.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 11:29 PM   #30

I had this same experience while returning from a recent trip to Seattle.

As I pulled out of the Walmart parking lot the ride seemed.a little rough. As soon as I rounded the corner all hell broke loose. When people describe the experience like riding a bucking bronc ... it is not far from the truth.

After turning the MS off and on ... and cycling the Jacks twice, everything came back to normal.

Since then, everything has worked fine. My theory is that I started the engine before the Jacks were fully retracted
.... or I started to move before my air pressure was up to max.

I hope it never happens again
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 05:06 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
This "malady" has been around for at least a year. I had it happen to me in June of last year.

Randy Houser explained to me that there if a valve in there somewhere, that is only open for a short amount of time when you start to retract the jacks.

If there is not enough air pressure, the valve will close before the air pressure is high enough to fill the bags quickly.

I always start engine, make sure I've got 125-135 lbs of pressure, then hit the retract all button. The jacks will come UP fine with the engine running, but I don't think they will go DOWN with the engine running.

Boowho??
This problem has been around for way more than a year!! I had this happen to me several times with my '08. I just push the retract all button twice before I depart. Works every time.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:26 AM   #32

I had the dump valve on mine replaced by freightliner...I think it was under warranty. No problems since. It was sticking which is why we had to keep operating the levels.
seanfulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:08 PM   #33

Well, add me to the list. And, it happened the day after I read this thread. I'm not sure what I did wrong but we have a rather steep entrance to our driveway. Major clunk which turned out to be that pretty exhaust tip being pushed upward into the rear cap. We have a little fiberglass damage and the exhaust tip looks a little ragged. Looks like a couple of winter projects.
Roadmaster Falcon 2 All Terrain
SMI Air Force 1
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote