Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2015, 08:53 PM   #1

Branson, MO

We are thinking about going to Branson. I checked previous posts, but all seem at least a couple years old. Does anyone have any recent experience and recommendations as far as show, cg's, restaurants, etc.?
Old 04-07-2015, 09:14 PM   #2

Lots of entertainment, try to see if you can get 2/1 coupons. We have friends that have lived there nearly 30 years and the natives get extra discounts and perks the visitors don't get. Traffic in the summer can be a test of patience so get information on how to bypass the downtown especially in the evenings. Lots of tour buses holding up traffic. Silver Dollar City has good entertainment. On the line at the top of the page use the "Search" function and just put Branson in the search. It Is the line across the top that starts with "portal" on the left side. The other search is for Google, you may want to take a look there also. I wish I could remember the little restaurant we went to, great food, not much space to park a car out front, away from downtown, for breakfast they had a pancake that 4 people could eat from. Check the Branson Tourism web site to see what entertainers are in town when you plan to be there.
For campgrounds/RV resorts you might want to first check
http://campgroundreviews.com .
Camped 2016-71, 2017-33, 2018-29 booked
KT4W
BooBoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:14 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwiceTheIce View Post
We are thinking about going to Branson. I checked previous posts, but all seem at least a couple years old. Does anyone have any recent experience and recommendations as far as show, cg's, restaurants, etc.?
When are you planning to go? There is a FROG rally there at the end of May.

FROG at Four
May 27, 2015 - May 31, 2015
ABC Campground
Branson, MO
Join with us in those thrilling days of yesteryear!
Come and tread on the hallowed ground where the first FROG event started it all!
Join FROG in the beauty of spring in the Ozarks at ABC -- America's Best Campground.
Patriotic Party featuring live entertainment, snacks, soft drinks is included. Two potluck dinners. More events in the works.
Don't be left out of the excitement of food, fun, friends, and FROG!
Call ABC at 800-671-4399 & say you're with FROG for a special rate of $31 per night.
For more information call Bob Schorfheide at (918) 520-8929, or e-mail
Email: hotlapsbob@hotmail.com
www.ABC-Branson.com

And if you can't make this one, get hold of Bob Schorfheide. I'm sure he can probably give you a pretty good rundown on what to do/see in Branson.
2021 Chevy Silverado 3500HD DRW 4X4 Duramax
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:21 PM   #4

Highly recommend Old Highway 86 campground (Corp of Engineers park) south of Branson. You can see some pics from this past weekend under the thread "Where are you camping for Easter". The show SIX is very entertaining.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:26 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

The ONLY bad thing about Branson is the traffic, otherwise the entire place is GREAT for family entertainment, good eating places, etc. Silver Dollar City is a must see. You will definitely have a great time and will not be disappointed.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:44 PM   #6
GLCM Warrior

We're planning a trip there later this year in early October. We have a reservation to stay here: INDIAN POINT, MO - Campground & Camping Details - ReserveAmerica - [NRSO].

We're still researching show information but found this site helpful: Branson Show Schedule

This site is also pretty useful: Top 30 things to do in Branson, MO: Branson Attractions – Find what to do today, this weekend, or in April - TripAdvisor

Hope you have a great trip!
Lefty59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:08 AM   #7
Retired IT Manager (NERD)

We will be there the May 22nd through the 26th staying at Lakeside RV park. Have stayed here in the past and like the location.
Neanderthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:15 AM   #8

I'm heading down first week in May. I got my SDC season pass and bring a friend coupons. It's been a few years for me so I'm really looking forward to it. There are lots of things to see and do down there and many we do "once in awhile". Last time we visited the pierced arrow deal. I really enjoyed it. The time before Dixie Stampede. It was pretty good too. We always stop at Dicks though.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:37 AM   #9

The Showboat Branson Belle lunch or dinner show is always great. The Dixie Stampede Dinner and Show is excellent too but if you have a phobia about using your hands to eat dinner you might want to reconsider.
The last time we were in Branson we took in the show Le Grand Cirque. I thought it was excellent and well worth the money.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 07:43 AM   #10

We used to like Silver Dollar City campground but it is tight if you have a large camper. The last time we stayed it was at Acorn Acres campground. It was in the fall and very pretty. The people that worked there were very accomodating and parking was easy, we had a pull through site. I have been there many times and my favorite reason for going is to visit Silver Dollar City.
comfun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 11:17 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfun1 View Post
We used to like Silver Dollar City campground but it is tight if you have a large camper. The last time we stayed it was at Acorn Acres campground. It was in the fall and very pretty. The people that worked there were very accomodating and parking was easy, we had a pull through site. I have been there many times and my favorite reason for going is to visit Silver Dollar City.
It is tight but we got into the pull thru row facing each other. I think it'll be fun. If you think Wilderness is tight try Compton out across the street! I think that's a great campground for smaller campers. It is down off the highway.
Old 04-09-2015, 09:22 PM   #12

Check out Table Rock State Park(at MOSTATEPARKS.COM) campground #2. A lot of these are full hook up at $26 per night. They also have showers/laundry/& playground for kids. There are pictures of sites you can look at and T.R.S.P. is just outside the city limits by Table Rock Dam & Branson Belle. If you enjoy to walk or bike ride, there is a paved trail that goes from the dam passing by the Branson Belle to Table Rock State Park & Marina. For something to do besides shows, there are the Ride The Ducks that are very popular. And The Branson Landing has fire/water fountains and shopping right by the water with several restaurants. Many free things you can see & do without the shows that we locals do here all the time. Branson also has a site calendar you can view to see whats going on. Good luck with your visit and ask questions regarding what you'd like to do here.
Battlefield, Missouri
F.R.O.G. Member
1st International F.R.O.G. Rally Branson Missouri
JohnandPandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:49 PM   #13
Site Team

Yes. Our favorite cg is music mountain right behind Titanic. Very convenient to everything on hwy 76. The best shows in Brandon, in our opinion are at Sight and Sound Theater. Good food all over. Rib Crib has all you can eat ribs every Tuesday night. Really good. Great steak at Texas Land and Cattle Co on the boardwalk. Also good Mexican food on board walk at Cantina Laredo. Many of the shows have good restaurants attached. Lots of home cooking places. Don't leave without having a frozen custard at Andy's on 76 just past Titanic on the right.
If you hear of a guy called Marvelous Marvin Short playing somewhere, he's worth a ticket too. Does mostly hits from 50s-60s. Has big stage hairdo and plays a sax.
We've stayed at ABC cg recently and it was run down. Roads rough, water leaks, unlevel gravel spots etc.
Hope this helps. Its a nice place. Expect traffic, leave early for shows to allow for slow traffic. And enjoy!

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 09:55 PM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
It is tight but we got into the pull thru row facing each other. I think it'll be fun. If you think Wilderness is tight try Compton out across the street! I think that's a great campground for smaller campers. It is down off the highway.
Seems I read that Compton's had closed down, was then bought out by a membership club. May be up and running now.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2015, 10:41 PM   #15

We've stayed at Lakeside RV Park on the south end of town near Bass Pro. It's easy to maneuver around in and away from the masses of people somewhat. Branson Landing is just a few blocks away as is the historic downtown district. Their website is pretty descriptive. You can also get on the trolley at Bass Pro and ride to your destination.
dieselguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 06:25 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcheatwood View Post
Seems I read that Compton's had closed down, was then bought out by a membership club. May be up and running now.
YUP!

They have a new Facebook page too. I have yet to make it down there since they re-opened but now that I own a longer camper, I won't likely camper there anyway. It was an awesome campground for a pop up though.

Tags
branson