Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2017, 06:47 PM   #1

Breaker Switch

Anyone know where the breaker is for the outlet in the compartment in the front right above the dash..... The one in front of the passenger seat???? I looked at all the breakers on the side of the bed and it's not there.... I've lost power to that outlet......
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Anyone know where the breaker is for the outlet in the compartment in the front right above the dash..... The one in front of the passenger seat???? I looked at all the breakers on the side of the bed and it's not there.... I've lost power to that outlet......

Isn't that part of the gfci for kitchen? If I recall correctly. My 2012 is in line with that gfci on the outlet.
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:35 PM   #3

OK..... I'm really confused...... I have a GFI outlet next to the stove that has a reset button..... That outlet works...... I have another outlet on the end of the sink cabinet that is labeled GFI but it doesn't have a reset button BUT that outlet has power.... I have another GFI with a reset button in the toilet bathroom.... It works.... I have another out.et labeled GFI with no reset button by the sink nest to the shower.... It works....

In addition - my outlet in the bedroom on the bottom of the upper cabinets isn't a GFI and it's not working..... I can't figure out what going on.....
Old 07-16-2017, 07:44 PM   #4

Quote:
OK..... I'm really confused...... I have a GFI outlet next to the stove that has a reset button..... That outlet works...... I have another outlet on the end of the sink cabinet that is labeled GFI but it doesn't have a reset button BUT that outlet has power.... I have another GFI with a reset button in the toilet bathroom.... It works.... I have another out.et labeled GFI with no reset button by the sink nest to the shower.... It works....

In addition - my outlet in the bedroom on the bottom of the upper cabinets isn't a GFI and it's not working..... I can't figure out what going on.....

That's odd. Maybe reset all gfci. Also try checking inverter breaker. I had the invertor breaker go once and it was odd outlets that didn't work. The only other breakers and gfci breakers are under the bed. Maybe sw thx them all as well. Hope it works.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:46 PM   #5

What makes all this even worse - both TV's and DVD players are plugged into two of these non-working outlets..... Now THAT AIN'T RIGHT !!!
Old 07-16-2017, 07:48 PM   #6

I don't know about the outlet in your original question but the others sound OK. One GFCI outlet will protect all outlets that are downstream from it. Those outlets will have a GFCI sticker on them to remind you they are controlled by a master outlet, often located in the bathroom.
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 07:49 PM   #7

Haha. Yup. Defiantly look at the inverter then. I think the tv outlets are off the inverter powered outlets. There is a small breaker in the top of it. Push down type.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:54 PM   #8

That master outlet In the bathroom is working....

Seems like the only two outlets that aren't working are the one in the cabinet above the dash on the passenger side that my electronics are plugged into and the outlet on the bottom of the overhead cabinets in the bedroom that my rear TV/DVD player is plugged into....

Gotta figure this out - first day of a 30 day trip.... Discovered it when I was setting up at the CG.....
Old 07-16-2017, 08:00 PM   #9

My passenger AC outlet was connected to the rear bath gcfi. Go figure
Old 07-16-2017, 08:41 PM   #10
Dragonship Captain

Over the years coaches have been wired differently, and you have to chase it down.

1: The inverter/charger (if so equipped) itself most likely has an AC breaker labeled "inverter" for the charger part AND for the AC it passes through when on shore power/generator. AFTER the inverter (even though it's not inverting) the circuits hooked up (which are powered by the inverter when inverting) should have individual breakers. On the newer units its the right end of the breaker panel. Not sure where they are on the older units I would not be surprised if there were breakers on the inverter..... CHECK THAT, maybe read the instructions..... oh nooo! And, get the model number off your inverter/charger and post it here so we can look in the book with you. Also, a picture of the breaker panel.

2: Yes, there are often multiple "downstream" outlets that are protected by the first GFI equipped outlet. For instance, my cockpit outlets are protected by my mid ships half bathroom outlet. This is a pain because said GFI does not play well with the inverter (when inverting) so when driving without generator running the AC power supply is spotty. In my case the kitchen outlets are protected by a GFI breaker on the breaker panel.

Sooo..... give us the model of your inverter and then trip EVERY GFI and THEN every breaker you can find. Then reset the breakers first and then the GFI's.

Lastly, with no power whatsoever on the AC system you can trace circuits using a multi meter and a long piece of single strand wire to find out where the power for the outlets in question comes from .

Again, I know older units are different but I did an extensive write up and explanation of a mod I did on my panel to accommodate my electric hot water heater..... follow the link below.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:15 PM   #11

YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST !!!!! It was the inverter switch.... Flipped it and now all outlets are working.... YEA !!!!!
Old 07-16-2017, 09:19 PM   #12

Glad it worked!!!
Old 07-17-2017, 07:31 AM   #13
Dragonship Captain

Another satisfied customer!
Old 07-17-2017, 05:53 PM   #14

Quote:
YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST !!!!! It was the inverter switch.... Flipped it and now all outlets are working.... YEA !!!!!

You have the same inverter as I do Ernest. That breaker switch gave me fits the first year. It tripped and it took me days to figure it out. Sorry I just say it. I could have saved you some grief I'm not happy I'm going to miss the Goshen Rally. I was looking forward to meeting you and Tommie.
zuckerburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:59 PM   #15

Dang..... Would have loved to meet you..... Maybe our paths will cross on down the road..... We'd love to sent a full summer in Alaska..... Been there three time and fell in love with it......

Tags
breaker, switch