Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2016, 10:13 AM   #21

On my 2015 40RB my kitchen slide is on the other side of the fireplace/tv so sound does not appear to be from slide. I am wondering if seat belt assembly that bolts to wall could be at fault that is more of the area it is coming from.

Wayne
Old 09-12-2016, 10:36 AM   #22

Listening to the noise coming home last night it sounds more like a wind noise. The antenna is located right above that area so I am wondering if that could have something to do with it.

Wayne
Old 11-30-2016, 10:01 PM   #23

Agree with Tmmar

Same issue, but on the passenger side. A few screws fixed our first "event" driving away from the dealer. Check the mud flaps.
bakcraker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 10:39 AM   #24
BobbyJ

The "rapping" noise near the driver wall area is gone. Thanks to Forest River and Mitch Wert's team for finding "something" in the console area to the left of the driver seat. Mitch and his team also went over a small list of other issues on my 2016 38A, including repairing the large (passenger side) slide that failed when the center sprocket broke and the cables came loose. Everything is working 100% and we couldn't be happier. Special thanks again to Mitch and his team, Warren, DJ, Scott and others who worked to get us back on the road in a short time.
Bobbyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 03:05 PM   #25
Dragonship Captain

OK, I haven't heard anything yet, but now I will listen and of course.....

So, could anyone please post a picture of where to (approximately) stick my hand and look for the offending piece?

It will save me a lot of searching if/when the time comes.

Thanks!
Old 12-20-2016, 05:17 PM   #26
BobbyJ

The noise issue to me seemed to come from the wall next to the fridge directly behind the driver on the 38A, of course, or from the Schwintec rod that runs vertically inside the wall that controls the slide operation. I had a dealer pad the rod, and I still had the problem. FR took it back in and this is what they said. "The problem must have been inside the (left arm) console that houses the controls for the transmission and leveling jacks, just below the window." One of the guys at the FR shop said he noticed a couple of screws missing that held the console top area in place. What ever they did it worked. So, I am nuts or it is really hard to locate loud rapping noises in a MH.

Bobbyj (I originated the post...thanks everyone.)
Old 04-15-2018, 06:34 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbyj View Post
The "rapping" noise near the driver wall area is gone. Thanks to Forest River and Mitch Wert's team for finding "something" in the console area to the left of the driver seat. Mitch and his team also went over a small list of other issues on my 2016 38A, including repairing the large (passenger side) slide that failed when the center sprocket broke and the cables came loose. Everything is working 100% and we couldn't be happier. Special thanks again to Mitch and his team, Warren, DJ, Scott and others who worked to get us back on the road in a short time.
Where dd you get this repaired? I also in the State College area, Boalsburg.
richolsen1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 08:44 PM   #28
BobbyJ

Mitch Wirt is in the Forest River Diesel Division, so it was done there, at the factory, Elkhart, IN.

Tags
noise