Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2017, 02:24 PM   #1

Camera won't work at night with lights on

We have a 2008 Berkshire 390BH. When we drive with the lights on our side cameras and back up camera don't work. If I put on the right signal the right camera comes on and stays on. During the daylight with no lights on, the camera works fine. We've had 2 RV dealerships look at it - a local owned and a Camping World - neither can figure it out. They tell us it must be in the wiring but don't know how to fix it. Any suggestions??? Thanks!
pigletat100acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 04:19 PM   #2

The early 2008 coaches did not come with side cameras. That said check the wiring and see where the trigger for the directional is tied in for the activation of the side cameras. If the side running lights which is an easy spot it is wrong and must be changed. Second make sure all your side running light bulbs and directional bulbs are good. Believe it or not this will effect the camera operation on the early 2008 coaches. If one is out replace it.

I have chased this problem on two different 2008 coaches so I know what I am talking about.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light