Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-26-2016, 07:57 PM   #21

Dogs have masters. Cats have staff. They are as much a part of our lives as the kids were growing up. Wouldn't be without them as they bring so much joy to our lives. They sit on the ledge at the front windows and wait our return
Aviator Wright Flyer #1919
Army Pathfinder Vietnam, 3 tours
DAV, MOPH, VFW, NRA, 1stCav. ABN
Blackhat6mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:22 PM   #22

I've always wondered do cats have a since of humor? They always seem so serious to me. Walking around a sleek and sneaky. Do they eat your homework like a dog does?

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:43 PM   #23

Both my cats love to shred paper. We can't leave any pieces of paper unattended or we come back to it ripped to pieces and evenly distributed from one end of the unit to the other. The last thing we do when leaving for dinner or shopping is to put away all paper. I think they expect US to have a sense of humor.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:48 PM   #24

I couldn't think of leaving your family members behind only a few hours to go shopping. We have 2 black Labs and. 1 cat the dogs are my therapy dogs and the cat is 16 years old.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
outloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 08:48 PM   #25

Our dogs will do the same. No idea why they love to shred paper. I could rent them out to a shredder company.

Old 06-26-2016, 08:57 PM   #26

Our experience with both cats and dogs is that cats do much better alone than dogs. No separation anxiety where they chew up everything in sight [been there, done that] while you are gone.
Old 06-26-2016, 08:59 PM   #27
Who Dares, Wins

I wish.. Our cat gets crazy when left.. She travels with us. I think,other than plotting how to kill us in our sleep, she likes the traveling.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:32 PM   #28

Cats

Well ok then

Old 06-26-2016, 09:48 PM   #29
KAS

I wouldn't go without my 21-year old Maine Coon. I put her in a cage on the passenger seat while driving, secured with bungee cords. Once at my destination (2+ hour drive), I let her out to eat, drink, and use the litter box. I always keep her in the MH, no sense letting her outside and running the risk of her sneaking off. She has a heated kitty bed next to the bedroom window, and she's happy as a clam snoozing or watching the birds flying by. She also likes to sack out on the driver's seat, I guess it's because she IS in the driver's seat!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20150324_014831_315.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	357.2 KB
ID:	112316   Click image for larger version

Name:	b1c01bc01fe3111e8a222ef8b1cd70e4.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	112317  
KAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:59 PM   #30

One of our cats travels in an open carry crate on the back seat of the TV and the other one rides in my lap. They never use the litter box while the truck is moving, only at rest stops. Neither one every wants to go outside which is a big load off us both. They are happy being catered to. Smart.
Now, if we can just stop them from wanting to sleep on our heads at night...
Old 06-26-2016, 11:06 PM   #31

Boy I am glad to see there are some cat lovers on here. We have often talked about taking some of ours on a trip with us but can't decide which ones or how many. Unfortunately we can't take them all because of how many we have. All are rescue.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
buddyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:01 AM   #32

We use this for our little Ollie.

Our biggest issue with him, is trying to find all of his hidding places. Up inside the dash was his 1st place, now blocked. Then up behind the fire place, small hole created by kitchen slide out. Again, now blocked.

He is SOOO good, just stands at the bottom step of door, looking out the screen, if someone comes, he scampers back inside. Never (so far) has tried to run outside. (He does this at home, will sit at the patio door, maybe put a foot outside, but pulls it back if you say something)
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Cat Carrier.JPG
Views:	94
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	112474  
Attached Images

bb920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:08 AM   #33
Who Dares, Wins

We had to make what I call "Cat Diversionary Devices" to put into all the slide gaps... Other wise the cat (Cinnamon) would get under the slide and we needed a broom and stick to get her out (or a bit of milk).

Pat, Jen, Heather & Sapphire, the head mouser.
2015 Chevy HD D-Max
2022 Impression 315MB
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:31 AM   #34

Our cats ride to the MH in carriers in the car (they hate this part) but once we get to the motorhome I put them in harnesses with short 4' leashes with a carabiner so I can attach them to the nearest seatbelt. They usually sleep, and are really calm the whole trip.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	sophie & edgar.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	21.8 KB
ID:	112486  
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 02:24 PM   #35

We travel with 3. Two sleep under the couch while underway and then come out when we stop. Tommy pretty much cruises around and sleeps on the dash (yes, while underway), on top of our captains chairs or on my control panel next to me. I'm always amazed they stay forward and not back on the bed...

Bigfork, Montana
smo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2016, 11:46 PM   #36

I have found a catscity belt(new item) has been working well, along with an abundance of pickle bread kept well within reach seems to be satisfactory. Before that, she always seemed very happy with a small box. However, Katy really likes her Purdue University stretchy string yarn chew toy, especially after she got the Purdue University out of it.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
NV245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 06:29 PM   #37

This is a cat mod I made to keep them from unrolling the toilet paper. Just turn both ends up and stick a wooden dowel rod in them. Reserve roll right at hand and they can only get one sheet of tp.
After 8 attempts to get the picture right side up as it is on my computer, it just remains upside down. Go figure. Anyway, you get the idea. Either turn your computer over or stand on your head.
Attached Images

Old 07-06-2016, 02:36 PM   #38

Cats

We travel with our dog and two cats. I blocked the side entrance to the dash with wire mesh and duct tape (from inside of the dash using the upper access panel) to keep them out of the dash. We started out using canvas carriers but soon just left the doors open so they could come out if they wanted. One wanders or lays around. Another stays in the carrier anyway. I also cover the leveler control box when parked as one cat turned the power on and tried to relevel our rig once. Not good! No real problems other than hair. We do carry their beds and leave a shade open at night for them to stare out of.
RGonzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat