Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-15-2015, 03:04 PM   #1

CB Radios

It's been a very long time since I've done extensive driving. Back then CB radios were the must have. What's the general consensus on those radios today. Are they a help or hinderance.
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 03:21 PM   #2

My wife and use them each time we go camping. We have to take 2 vehicles one to tow the popup, and the other to tow the boat. Helps in coordinating stops and directions. Most people use cell phones for this, but here in NY like everything else using cell phones while driving will get you a fine, or worse. For some reason CBs are still okay to use. Maybe they think nobody uses them anymore.
Old 05-15-2015, 03:25 PM   #3

cb

We use ours only when towing it helps in case of an accident up ahead truckers know which exits to get off at and where to get back on the interstates.
jjcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 08:55 PM   #4

I have been interested in the amount of useful information I could get from a CB for a long time. Are they good for real time traffic reports or mostly for chit chat?
kingwood390bh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2015, 01:19 AM   #5
Berkshire club

We have a hand held CB we use for weather or traffic from truckers and use two gsm radios for comm or cell phones for the long distance stuff i have found the old CB traffic has changed to lets say more adult listening only if you catch my drift so use it carefully but works great if traveling with a group of fellow RV'ers

Tags
radio