Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2018, 10:28 AM   #1

CCC2 Thermostat display goes blank

Hi, went to check the outside temp on the CCC2 thermostat and when I pressed it the second time the display lit up but no information just a few hieroglyphics.

The heat pump was working about 15 minutes prior and so was the display. Thinking it may be a battery issue I removed the unit from the wall mount only to find a telephone type cable plugged into the display and no signs of a battery?

I read the manual and nothing about hieroglyphics but did see mention of CANbus interface (Controller Area Network) and no idea where this is located.

Anyone have issues like this?

I could go buy a new CCC2 but if its not that then wasted $$

I tried resetting but that did nothing
Old 03-11-2018, 11:42 PM   #2

I believe the CCC2 thermostat is connected to the Zone 1 (front A/C and heat pump). That communicates with the rear A/C, so that they are coordinated. I'm not sure what drives the furnace – the thermostat or the Zone 1 A/C.

But, I doubt that your problem is with the A/C. Did you do a reset of the thermostat? Is the RV at a reasonable temperature (not frigid cold, which could prevent the LCD from displaying properly)?

–Gordon
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2579202
Toad: 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4; Formerly: 2005 Acura EL (aka Honda Civic)
gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 12:03 AM   #3
Just as confused as you

Probably need to do a reset.
Camping since 1989, Seasonal since 2000.
Car Shredder Op/Tech, Scrap Metal Recycling - retired
Scrapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 04:03 AM   #4

your T-stat may not take batteries. Not all do. It may get its power from the AC unit.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 09:09 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordonsick View Post
I believe the CCC2 thermostat is connected to the Zone 1 (front A/C and heat pump). That communicates with the rear A/C, so that they are coordinated. I'm not sure what drives the furnace – the thermostat or the Zone 1 A/C.

But, I doubt that your problem is with the A/C. Did you do a reset of the thermostat? Is the RV at a reasonable temperature (not frigid cold, which could prevent the LCD from displaying properly)?

–Gordon
I am in Florida right now and temps in the 80's, been working fine since we had the coach in May 2017 and since in Florida from Dec 19.

I am suspecting the thermostat has had its day

Thanks for your suggestions
Old 03-12-2018, 02:15 PM   #6

I had a different model Dometic Digital thermostat that acted like yours with odd symbols in the display. It got its voltage from AC unite. It had several wires 3 0r 4 conected with a wire nut. Loose connection reconnected every thing works fine now.
royg6677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 05:57 PM   #7

Thanks for all your replies !!

Original stat was discontinued so finished up with part# 3314082.000 - looks the same but does not have button for outside temp like the original (no big deal)

Plugged in the telephone type connector and display lit up, initialized and all set up. Tested zone 1 - HP, A/C and furnace and zone 2 A/C. All working perfect so $129 later all is good.

Now on another note - sat relaxing having a coffee outside feeling like a good job done when there was a sound of 'rushing air', I am thinking what the heck is that -air bag, air line and then I god the smell of propane. Dashed round to the tank and turned off the valve. I let the air clear for about 15 minutes then went to investigate - turns out there was a small pinhole 0.5mm or so in the regulator casting.

Off to camping world and picked up a new horizontal regulator $48; fitted and leak tested - all OK.

One of those days and thinking if the stat had not gone bad I would have probably been out at a Disney park - catastrophic does not even come close!!!

Turn the propane off when you leave the coach

Tags
thermostat