Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2016, 07:31 PM   #1

Ceiling access in a 2011 Berk 390QS???

I will be installing a WiFi booster antenna, probably on my batwing TV antenna.

I want to run the cable through the roof where the antenna cable goes in. Any advice on how to do this, AND how can i access the cabling from the antenna that is already routed from the roof to the entertainment cabinet? is there a way to take the roof area down to provide access?
DJP6371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 07:51 AM   #2

Bore scope with camera on one end and monitor screen on the other. You can buy them at Harbor Freight. Now, that will let you SEE what you need, getting to it is another story.
Good Luck!
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:14 PM   #3

I do not know if this will help but here are two bits of info I have found on my 2008 Berk.
1) most of the ceiling wiring comes down the driver A pillar. As my 2008 does not have a front shade it is not hard to remove the A Pillar. Pop off the two buttons and remove the screws.
2) When I upgraded my front 2 inch stereo speakers I found a channel under them where Forest River had run the wiring. This channel runs across the entire length of the coach from driver side to passenger side. The speaker grill pulls off and then the speaker screws are accessible.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags