Old 04-29-2014, 07:28 PM   #1
Chassis Air Bags will not inflate

Hi all. Help. I have an 2008 Berk 38Q. Went to retrive it from storage today and the chassis air bags "will not inflate". The unit will not lift. I have the Equalizer System. The air tanks are both full. The legs retract fine it seems although one the 4 legs did not entirely level the first time but 4 times later thru the cycle all 4 legs work fine and levels the coach. What I do is the start coach, hit the retract button and then watch outside to ensure the 4 legs are all up. This takes about 1 min. And at about the same time in the past the air bags would inflate and lift coach into driving postion. Right now it won't. I have however notice in the past on the very odd time where they would not inflate. I would then hit the retract button again and 100% of the time they would inflate. Today I ran it thru it's level then retract cycle 6 times and no inflate. Any suggestions to trouble shooting here ? Guessing a switch etc is not telling the air bags to fill ? Thanks....Ron

Pennie / Ron
2015 Sanibel 3901
Team Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:14 PM   #2
Berkshire 390QS
our process is to start engine, let it air up until we hear the "pissss" and then raise the jacks, then wait for the air bags to fill. have you cleaned your jack pistons? almost sounds like one jack switch is not telling you system all the jacks are up. check for lose wires on the jacks, I think there is a switch on each jack. try this, lower each jack manually just a bit and watch your jack lights, then raise them one at a time and watch the lights, hopefully they will each go off. that should give you a good idea if the switches are working. sorry can't be more help, good luck

2011: 54 days, 2012: 218 days, 2013: 175 days, 2014: 196 days
2015: 188 days, 2016: 72 days,
2009 Berkshire, 390QS, and toad
NO3putt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 07:42 AM   #3
2011 Berkshire 390BH
I have found after storage, I need to retract the jacks a couple of times to get the bags to lift the coach.

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:37 AM   #4
Ron any updates? Hopefully you got it up and running. I agree that cycling thru the levelers works 90% of the time.
Phil and Dianna
2011 Berkshire 390 RB
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:21 AM   #5
Future Berkshire Owner
The best process for me is to start engine, pressurize tanks, turn on and retract jacks. This usually does it. Occasionally I still have to shut down The engine, and restart, re-retract.

Seems that it would be safer if it would work properly without having to start the engine with the jacks down.
Joker is offline   Reply With Quote

air bags