Old 11-03-2013, 05:22 PM   #11
I had the "water in fuel" warning and it turned out to be a bad sensor.... Replaced it and problem solved .....

ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 03:06 PM   #12
The low voltage warning at start up is normal for a Freightliner with a Cummins when the weather turns cold. If you read the operators manual section on starting the engine when cold, it has a note regarding this. It has something to do with how the manifold heater works. I'm not sure at what temperature this kicks in, but it doesn't need to be very cold for me to see it.

2015 SOB 5th Wheel
2013 Chevrolet 3500 CC, DD SRW
1 Wife, 2 Kids under 5

Camping nights: 2015 - 19, 2014 - 39, 2013 - 48
beipers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 01:09 PM   #13
While out at FR Berkshire Diesel Division recently, I had a chance to talk with the technician who installs, and is expert on all the electrical systems.

He stated that while the MH is being driven, the chassis batteries are charged first, then when they are done, the house batteries are charged. While parked, the situation is reversed. If the switch on the console for altrernate startup (from house batteries) is held down, the situation is reversed.

Remember that when hooked up to shore power to recharge or trickle charge the house batteries, you must have both the battery disconnect switch (located near the floor next to the entrance door) and the house batteries isolation switch (in the compartment with the four house batteries) in the "on" position. The inside switch isolates most of the coach systems from the batteries, and the outside switch isolates the house batteries from everything external to the batteries, including the Magnum charging system.

Also remember that when on extended trickle charging (I'm hooked up to shore power year round, when not away on a trip), you are making hydrogen in the batteries, so you need to add distilled water up to the bottom of the fill rings in the batteries periodically.
Hallen01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #14
Great, from-the-source information! Thank you. The console switch info is especially interesting.
John & Rosemary
2008 Berk 360QS
MBE 900-330 w/Allison 3000
Jeep Liberty Toad
JohnKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:51 PM   #15

Mike Hollar
2014 Berkshire 390BH-40
2012 Chevy Equinox - TOAD
Mbh818 is offline   Reply With Quote

battery, charging