Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2013, 03:38 PM   #1

Cleaning you rig, sanitizing your FW tank.

Folks, I was in Sturgis, SD a few days ago and the guy next to me had an '07 Holiday Rambler Endeavor. It was the cleanest coach I'd ever seen.

He has never turned a water hose on it, but instead cleans it from a bucket filled with half water and half vinegar. He then uses "The Absorber" (available at any auto parts store) to dry it off. No chamois needed and no spots when he's finished.

Then today I was told at the Escapee Rally in Gillette, WY that hydrogen peroxide is great for sanitizing your fresh water tank. Does the same thing as bleach, but neutralizes in the water after awhile, so that you can even drink it.

Someone else told me that they use the peroxide to clean bugs off their windshield.

I've not tried any of these gems yet, but plan to ASAP.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #2

Vinegar is great for removing marks on painted surfaces, the problem is that vinegar contains acetic acid which has a pH of like 3. So you can use it but it will strip the wax off of the surface and will need to be rewaxed. And to be honest the quality of paint used on our Berks is by far not top quality (learend some recent lessons), so be careful.
speedmerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
Always Learning

Peroxide has a bunch of uses. My dad used to claim you could brush your teeth with it. I was never around for those teeth brushings nor did I ever try. But, I think I saw stuff on that Internet thing that agreed with him.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:15 PM   #4

I've had toothpaste that contained hydrogen peroxide to 'help whiten teeth'. The paste tasted crappy but works!
1986 Marriage to "Wifey" (patience of a saint)
rattleNsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote