Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-01-2019, 04:27 PM   #21

Just put smaller amounts in the washer and drier and you won't have near so much out of balance shaking.

2016 F350 CC Dually Powerstroke 4x4
2014 Cedar Creek 34RLSA w/Level Up
2007 HD Ultra Classic 103
USS Pyro AE-24 WestPac MM2 '71-'75
SlowrideHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 04:50 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowrideHD View Post
Just put smaller amounts in the washer and drier and you won't have near so much out of balance shaking.

These washing machines are already small enough! The dryer isn’t an issue at all when it’s on and running. Just the washer and only when it’s spin cycling.

Again, I put the ‘spin’ amount on LOW but that doesn’t spin out as much water and therefore the dryer has to run 3 tones as long (literally 3x). But it’s not the end of the world. However, even with a low spin cycle selected, it still goes crazy a couple times per cycle. And ultimately I’m assuming all this shaking can wallow-out screw holes or loosen up mounts on the back wall or even split/crack it. All this shaking over time can’t be good.

I’m definitely interested in improving the shaking. I will try to get access to bottom where it’s mounted and check that to see how stable it’s mounted. I appreciate all the responses and pics.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:53 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince and Charlette View Post
We have a 2018 38A which shook violently. From a structural perspective, that much shaking will eventually do considerable damage. I put a 1x6 across the top with a 10" length of horizontal 1x6 attached at each end. Then I covered each of these with dense foam. The horizontal 1x6x10 is that large in order to distribute the force over a larger area. All of this resulted in about a 60-70% improvement...just enough to significantly reduce the force.

Nice! Post up some pics of what you did. I’m assuming this will help future peeps as well!

I really love my berk and want to keep it for years to come. Just want to smooth out some of the issues and have a better unit overall.
Old 03-01-2019, 04:59 PM   #24

We have a 2018 34QS and ours had super shakes. We bought a noodle at the Dollar Tree and put it tightly on the right side of our washer dryer and it barely moves now. It has to be tight on the close side though. Ours is the right side.
FlaFSUmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 05:37 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaFSUmom View Post
We have a 2018 34QS and ours had super shakes. We bought a noodle at the Dollar Tree and put it tightly on the right side of our washer dryer and it barely moves now. It has to be tight on the close side though. Ours is the right side.

I thought about something there but I assumed since that right wall you’re pressing the noodle against is flimsy-ish particle board and not solid wood, that it wouldn’t make a lot of difference there ...?

But wife is coming back from the store now w some of those pool noodles so I’m going to try it. Maybe I’ll shoot a before and after video too
Old 03-01-2019, 06:53 PM   #26
Dragonship Captain

Hey, at least you're entertained....
Old 03-03-2019, 09:22 PM   #27

I went to Lowe’s and they had pool noodles outside in the garden area. They had small overall diameter ones and then bigger overall diameter ones. Looking at the thinner ones you could tell that wasn’t going to be big enough diameter. I bought the bigger one to try it out.

Looking at the washer/dryer, It needed to go on the right side. The gap between the machine and the cabinet wall was smaller on the right side. I originally thought I would be cutting the noodle into pieces about 18” long each and placing them in between. But after looking it over briefly, I realized that just shoving the entire noodle vertically would work. The noodle is about 4’ long. I put it towards the back to make room for another one that I’ll put vertically as well.

But I did a test load of laundry and it worked noticeably better. Probably improved the violent shaking AT LEAST 80% minimum. $4ea at Lowe’s

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3859.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	357.4 KB
ID:	198056Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3858.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	284.7 KB
ID:	198057Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3860.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	221.6 KB
ID:	198058
Old 06-03-2019, 08:20 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royston View Post
Coach is in storage and covered in snow so I have made a rough sketch of what I did.

The platform was partially collapsed so I used my scissor car jack to raise the platform sufficient to place the 2x4's. Once in place I used 2 inch brads to hold in place. Pool noodles at the top (yellow)
Not sure how you got anything under that floor. On my 2017 34 QS thats where the backside of the on demand hot water heater resides, but that sure would help. It would help a lot more if Forest River would just build that area better! Oh well I can dream!!
Dave Telenko
snoopy1 is offline   Reply With Quote