Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-15-2017, 09:52 AM   #1

coach air conditioner not working

2012 Berkshire; fan off the compressor behind the generator keeps going off when traveling, so no air conditioning--any ideas? Anypne had this problem before?
ragatzn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 02:31 PM   #2

I had this happen once. I pulled the fuse (in the compartment in front of drivers side front tire) and reseated it and it fixed the problem. Has not happened again. 18 month without reoccurring.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 04:59 PM   #3
2011 Berkshire 390BH

What are your other symptoms? The fan behind the generator will turn on and off while traveling. Are you ever getting cold air from your vents? Also, when you have it set to A/C, do the round vents (ie: the console vents) have air blowing from them? Or, does air only blow from the dash vents pointed at the windshield?

The issue I had a few years ago was the little vacuum pump in the bay directly under the driver's window had gone bad (the bay with the fuse blocks.) With the pump out, the only vents that worked were the vents pointed at the windshield - no matter which setting I had the knob set to. It was permanent windshield defog. While troubleshooting, I could hit/tap the vacuum pump and it would kick on and the air would begin to blow as expected but eventually (a couple minutes) the vacuum would disappear and the vents would revert to 'blowing only at the windshield' mode.

LiteEmUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 07:55 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragatzn View Post
2012 Berkshire; fan off the compressor behind the generator keeps going off when traveling, so no air conditioning--any ideas? Anypne had this problem before?
Did you ever find the solution to your problem because my 2015 38a is doing the samething...
Jkidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2020, 10:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragatzn View Post
what was the description of the fuse and what amp, I see nothing for the a/c fan only dash heat in my 2008.
fishcampbob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner