Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2016, 05:05 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
ernest917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Woodville, Texas
Posts: 1,713
Coach net Extended Warranty

Well I just discovered something REALLY interesting today !!!!

When I purchased my rig in 2011, I bought the Coach.net extended warranty and paid for 5 yrs worth of coverage... This coverage expires 9/8 of this year... I called today to see about buying additional yrs of coverage and was told "It's not available"

I asked why??? Was told it's just not available... I asked if it was due to the age of the coach (2008) or to the mileage (44K)... Again I was told "I couldn't buy it" In addition, she became very rude... I thanked her and hung up.

I called the RV dealer where I purchased the coach and the coverage and when I mentioned Coach.net he said "Oh yeah - they're going belly up!!!" He told me that they had started "excluding" more things than they were covering while raising their rates... Said they are selling under a different name now but this dealer said they no longer worked with them because of extreme customer dissatisfaction....

So I guess I'll need to look elsewhere for coverage in September.... Dealer offered one for three yrs for $7,400.00!!!!! Passed on that one....


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 05:21 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 91
Get them to cover new steps before it expires!


2015 XL 40QL
Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

__________________
Bunci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 06:48 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
ernest917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Woodville, Texas
Posts: 1,713
They're replacing the starter in my generator as we speak....


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 08:02 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunci View Post
Get them to cover new steps before it expires!


2015 XL 40QL
Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

I love it. Never let up. I kinks agree why wouldn't they pay to replace them.
__________________
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 12:16 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
ernest917's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Woodville, Texas
Posts: 1,713
Shoot guys I've grown to looooove my steps..... NOT !!!!!


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
__________________
ernest917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 07:17 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
15berkxl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mishawaka
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Shoot guys I've grown to looooove my steps..... NOT !!!!!


Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

I dropped off at the FR plant yesterday my Berk so Lippert could send someone to rebuild (really?) the step replacing for the 2nd or 3rd time (sorry lost count) the step motor, controller, door switch and wire harness. Even though I have supplied video of the step failing to extend or retract Lippert has repeatedly refused to replace the assembly go figure.


Wayne
__________________
Wayne
15berkxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:05 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
15berkxl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mishawaka
Posts: 576
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Well I just discovered something REALLY interesting today !!!!

When I purchased my rig in 2011, I bought the Coach.net extended warranty and paid for 5 yrs worth of coverage... This coverage expires 9/8 of this year... I called today to see about buying additional yrs of coverage and was told "It's not available"

I asked why??? Was told it's just not available... I asked if it was due to the age of the coach (2008) or to the mileage (44K)... Again I was told "I couldn't buy it" In addition, she became very rude... I thanked her and hung up.

I called the RV dealer where I purchased the coach and the coverage and when I mentioned Coach.net he said "Oh yeah - they're going belly up!!!" He told me that they had started "excluding" more things than they were covering while raising their rates... Said they are selling under a different name now but this dealer said they no longer worked with them because of extreme customer dissatisfaction....

So I guess I'll need to look elsewhere for coverage in September.... Dealer offered one for three yrs for $7,400.00!!!!! Passed on that one....


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Is this the same company that has the road side? I ask because I received a monthly newsletter from Coach net yesterday via email and they still show articles on the extended warranty. Why would they put out a newsletter if they were going to do what your dealer said. I think there might be more to this.


Wayne
__________________
Wayne
15berkxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:09 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
15berkxl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Mishawaka
Posts: 576
Coach net Extended Warranty

I just looked my road side is with coach-net.com. You said coach.net same company?


Wayne
__________________
Wayne
15berkxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:39 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15berkxl View Post
I just looked my road side is with coach-net.com. You said coach.net same company?


Wayne

Wondered that also. I just paid for a year. Hopefully it's not the same company.
__________________
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 11:04 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 6,986
Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Well I just discovered something REALLY interesting today !!!!

When I purchased my rig in 2011, I bought the Coach.net extended warranty and paid for 5 yrs worth of coverage... This coverage expires 9/8 of this year... I called today to see about buying additional yrs of coverage and was told "It's not available"

I asked why??? Was told it's just not available... I asked if it was due to the age of the coach (2008) or to the mileage (44K)... Again I was told "I couldn't buy it" In addition, she became very rude... I thanked her and hung up.

I called the RV dealer where I purchased the coach and the coverage and when I mentioned Coach.net he said "Oh yeah - they're going belly up!!!" He told me that they had started "excluding" more things than they were covering while raising their rates... Said they are selling under a different name now but this dealer said they no longer worked with them because of extreme customer dissatisfaction....

So I guess I'll need to look elsewhere for coverage in September.... Dealer offered one for three yrs for $7,400.00!!!!! Passed on that one....


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
That IS interesting! Curious - who is your RV Dealer?

We are happy Coach-Net users and are very sorry to hear that you had a poor experience - in fact, so much that I called our Coach-Net Agent, and she asked me to pass her contact information to you. Please give her a call because yes, you can renew your coverage

Garfield Fabricius-Davies|Member Account Advisor |Coach-Net Protect
P: 972.993.8416 | C: 214.549.8524
2820 W. Southlake Blvd, Southlake, TX 76092

BTW, I think your dealer was trying to sell you THEIR policy LOL - VERY doubtful that Coach-Net is "going Belly Up" -- you do know that Coach-Net underwrites the 1st (and optional 2nd) year warranty on every Forest River RV?
__________________

__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
warranty

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:05 PM.