Old 05-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post

Looks good.... Like you I hate exposed wiring.

I'm going to upgrade my in dash Jensen to one including a GPS. For the time being I have Google Maps running on a 7 inch android tablet. Tablet is supported by one of those Grip-GO thingies they sell "as seen on TV".

BTW, I bought two of those "as seen on TV" flexible hoses as well and love them. They should make all hoses like that!!

TPM I don't have yet either; I want one that does 6 on the rig and 4 on the toad. I figure the toad is more important since if a toad tire blows, it could be extremely dangerous. I can foresee a situation where the blown tire catches fire, spreads to the entire vehicle and pretty soon you're towing a 2800 lb flaming bomb down the road at 70 MPH!!

For the phone I just keep it near by and either bluetooth into the Jensen or use one of the "hearing aid" type of bluetooth headsets. With one button answer and voice command output calling, it seems to work pretty well.

I keep all the tunes on a USB stick and just plug it into the Jensen.

Boowho??
How do you Bluetooth your phone into the Jensen? I wasnt aware that this stereo supported Bluetooth like our car does but it has been of great interest to me since the phone is even more dangerous as a handheld while driving the coach vs in a car. If there is a solution to it working right thru the Jensen I'd love to know.

Old 05-19-2013, 09:00 PM   #12
Family Man with an RV

Send a message via Skype™ to doctormdj
mjracsj,

Unfortunately Jensen doesn't actually support Bluetooth as far as I know. they do support Sirius XM with a DLP2500. and has an aux input only. Kind of an old system tech wise but that's all we have to play with for now. I just found a work around that seems to really do the trick. First of all, the device I posted earlier in this thread works great if you want to Bluetooth device into the RV. For example, let's say you want to play music from your iPad or give the kids your iPad and let them play the music or the movie through the speakers in the coach. That device does the trick flawlessly. However, when it comes to talking on the phone you really need to use a headset. I found through experimentation that connecting Bluetooth to listen to music as well as talking on the phone just creates to meet challenges. Therefore, I elected to add Bluetooth as an auxiliary sound source and get a separate headset.

I was traveling through a truck stop one day a couple weeks ago and found this amazing noise canceling headset. I bought it for about $100 and connected it to my iPhone. Now every time I get in the coach I simply put the headset on and I'm in business to do voice texting, talking on the phone or anything else I would normally do in my BMW.

I can look up the model and name details of my headset for you if you want.... but that is the scoop for bluetooth!

Old 05-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #13
Family Man with an RV

Here it is..... Amazon.com: Roadking RK400 Bluetooth Wireless Noise Cancelling Headset: Cell Phones & Accessories Cheaper on Amazon. Does the trick for me and sounds as good as if you were in your sedan.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
Whoa..... $500.00+ bucks for a hose.... I've got to be REAL thirsty for that one....

After my prev post about the flexible hoses, I went to Walmart web site and read the reviews. They are AWFUL. Most reviewers on Walmart HATED theirs.
Hopefully, I just got a couple of good ones, but I've had no problems yet.

According to their latest commercial they are guaranteed for 10 years. 'Course, if there's no way to contact the company, then the guarantee is worthless isn't it??

Boowho??
Old 05-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #15
Family Man with an RV

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
According to their latest commercial they are guaranteed for 10 years. 'Course, if there's no way to contact the company, then the guarantee is worthless isn't it??
Thanks Boowho. I'm gonna pull the trigger anyway... Just love the idea of having a lightwight hose in the rig to flush my tanks with vs carrying the bog old green one in a tub.... Arghhhhhhhhh Thanks for the tip!
Old 05-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjracsj View Post
How do you Bluetooth your phone into the Jensen? I wasnt aware that this stereo supported Bluetooth like our car does but it has been of great interest to me since the phone is even more dangerous as a handheld while driving the coach vs in a car. If there is a solution to it working right thru the Jensen I'd love to know.
My bad..... You are exactly right.... I use the single earpiece BT instead.

Just having a senior moment, or maybe because I have so much electronic "stuff" around here I can't keep track of what piece has what capability!!

'Course, my equipment can be MUCH simpler since I have no youngsters riding along with me. Having the newest and best is optional for me since I have no "advisers" (impartial of course) to help me along with such decisions.

Oh, and I stop for breaks, lunch, attractions, etc, when and where me and the DW decide we want to stop!! Ah..... The silence is deafening!!

Boowho??
Old 05-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #17
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctormdj View Post
Thanks Boowho. I'm gonna pull the trigger anyway... Just love the idea of having a lightwight hose in the rig to flush my tanks with vs carrying the bog old green one in a tub.... Arghhhhhhhhh Thanks for the tip!
I've got a 50' I use for the black tank flush and washing the camper when we're out and (2) 100' for home and TOWTA just loves them for watering plants, etc. They work just great.