Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-31-2010, 10:16 PM   #1

Color of your antifreeze

I'm stocking up on some emergency fluids to keep on hand while tooling down the road. I found a sticker that listed the type of antifreeze used in my Berkshire as it came from the factory. It's Alliance SCA Heavy Duty Coolant. I found a website that say the fluid is either pink or purple. Mine is more of a clear or yellow color. Can any of you other Berkshire owners check the color fo your coolant?

Thanks, Mike
RoamingEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

I believe the yellow anti-freeze which I have in my Georgetown is compatible with either the older orange-pink stuff or the greenish looking stuff. As for it being a Heavy Duty Coolant, I'm pretty sure what you have and I have would be the same. I would check the Freightliner website. They should have the exact required anti-freeze listed. I'd being interested to see the results.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 09:23 PM   #3

The color of the coolant appeared yellow but once I drained some out, it is a pink/purple color.

The Detroit Diesel Power Cool (Fully Forumlated Pre-Charged SCA) is the same as the alliance coolant in the coach from the factory.
RoamingEngineer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antifreeze, berkshire, surveyor