Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-02-2015, 08:05 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5456Mich View Post
No not yet, when I pick it up. I know it will be a problem if anythings not right . Sort of a pain being 6 hrs. away. Have to cross that bridge if somethings not right.
Look for places to stay near the dealer in case you find issues. Please don't rush PDI because of the long drive home.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:19 PM   #22

One of the members on this forum was gracious enough to invite us to park the coach at his home for the night. So if in fact the dealer does not have a policy of letting someone stay there over night we will be staying the night close by. If need be some items could be addressed on Monday worse comes to worse. Just printed off a check off sheet so I have something to go by.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:22 PM   #23

So Joe you might get the privilege of staying at Camp Sylvester. It's a 5 star CG with nice level pads and lots of shade. The owners just don't come any better. Enjoy.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:11 AM   #24

I jealous of your new coach. But like everyone says- take it slow. When I picked up my 5th wheel- I found 4 small items. (6 hour round trip for me). They told me they would have the parts in a week or two. I said great- call be when its done- and If I don't have a new rv I'll still take this one. They then took the parts off an other new rv on the lot.

Pick up day is your biggest leverage- I also would not complete the paper work till I completed the inspection. They did not like that but just like buying a house you inspect before the money changes hands.
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:33 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
So Joe you might get the privilege of staying at Camp Sylvester. It's a 5 star CG with nice level pads and lots of shade. The owners just don't come any better. Enjoy.
Seems like a real nice guy Phil, can't wait to meet him and his wife.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
Old 09-03-2015, 10:36 AM   #26

Joe they don't come much better. If he insists that you call him Master Chief let me know. We just call him King Wazoo.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 10:41 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Joe they don't come much better. If he insists that you call him Master Chief let me know. We just call him King Wazoo.

Think I'll not go there.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
Old 09-03-2015, 10:53 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
I did it with mine that I bought from a private individual. Of course, it COULD have been a disaster, but I've never been sorry.

Boowho??
I forgot to add that I drove from Mesa, AZ to Salt Lake City without having seen the unit (about 800 miles one way). Completed the deal and left immediately for the 800 mile return trip.

Now, I certainly know that it could been a disaster and that I REALLY rolled the dice. But the seller was a really nice guy and I paid right at $30K less than any dealer wanted for the exact same coach. In fact, a dealer in California told me I was buying the coach for substantially less than he could have bought it for wholesale.

The seller gave a me a ten minute "poor mans PDI" before I left. Having previously had an older coach, being pretty handy (mechanically) PLUS 50 lbs of manuals/documentation, I was ready to boogie!!

Fortunately, it was exactly the right decision for me; could not have worked out better.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:00 AM   #29

OOPS brain-fart

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 11:09 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5456Mich View Post
No not yet, when I pick it up. I know it will be a problem if anythings not right . Sort of a pain being 6 hrs. away. Have to cross that bridge if somethings not right.
Congrats on your new Rig!!

Make sure you do a good PDI. Here is a great website that has several checklists you can download and take with you:

Need An RV Checklist?... Here Are All The Best Checklists For RVers | Fun Times Guide to RVing

Also, as has been mentioned elsewhere in the forums, do not be shy about videoing the PDI - just tell the Tech you are likely to forget and want a video to refer to.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 04:23 PM   #31
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Phil, The check is in the mail (lol)!!!!! Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote