Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2015, 02:44 PM   #1

Confirmation !!

So just got off the phone with dealer in Buffalo and picking up the coach 9/12 with the demo scheduled for 1:00 pm. Then a 6 hr. drive back to Ct., hopefully incident free.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #2

Yahoo!
Old 09-01-2015, 03:21 PM   #3

congrats
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:27 PM   #4

Confirmation !!

Congrats. I'm sure you'll be pleased.
Safe travels!

Paul
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 03:33 PM   #5

Congrats!! You will love it!

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:16 PM   #6

Hi Joe; congrats. Have you done your final inspection?
Old 09-01-2015, 04:19 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
Hi Joe; congrats. Have you done your final inspection?
No not yet, when I pick it up. I know it will be a problem if anythings not right . Sort of a pain being 6 hrs. away. Have to cross that bridge if somethings not right.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
Old 09-01-2015, 04:21 PM   #8

Congrats Joe. Hope all goes well.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:33 PM   #9
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Hope all goes well also. Hope you enjoy the new rig. Later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing.(sold) (sold) 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:51 PM   #10
Retired IT Manager (NERD)

Congrats
I bought mine in IN and live in WI have had great success contacting FR and getting work done locally.
Neanderthal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 04:56 PM   #11

I suggest you set your appointment For the morning. There is typically things you will need to get them to work on.
My appointment was also for 1 o'clock. After doing the PDI and paperwork it was closing time. I had to stay overnight for them to fix a few items before I left the next day.
Better yet if you can just plan to spend the night on their property. We found a few things during the night that needed attention before we left.
Old 09-01-2015, 05:01 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-nickie View Post
I suggest you set your appointment For the morning. There is typically things you will need to get them to work on.
My appointment was also for 1 o'clock. After doing the PDI and paperwork it was closing time. I had to stay overnight for them to fix a few items before I left the next day.
Better yet if you can just plan to spend the night on their property. We found a few things during the night that needed attention before we left.

Problem being 6 + hrs away. They gave me choice of 10 or 1. I'll just hope for the best. Is there a check off list someplace when going over all the systems ?

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
Old 09-01-2015, 06:23 PM   #13

After the orientation I stayed on the coach over night and left the next day after all punch list issues were resolved.

Paul
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 06:54 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5456Mich View Post
Problem being 6 + hrs away. They gave me choice of 10 or 1. I'll just hope for the best. Is there a check off list someplace when going over all the systems ?
OK then. Are you going to drive 12 hour round trip later to get things tidied up that you find after you leave or try to fix them yourself?

I'm really not trying to give you a hard time, just telling you my opinion of picking up a new rig.
There is typically things you want them to do. Not necessarily bad or serious things, but there almost always is something.

Let's just see what future posters think about picking up a new RV and leaving immediately within a very short time window.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:41 PM   #15

Quote:
OK then. Are you going to drive 12 hour round trip later to get things tidied up that you find after you leave or try to fix them yourself?

I'm really not trying to give you a hard time, just telling you my opinion of picking up a new rig.
There is typically things you want them to do. Not necessarily bad or serious things, but there almost always is something.

Let's just see what future posters think about picking up a new RV and leaving immediately within a very short time window.
I didn't think at all that you were giving me a hard time and totally agree with you. We'll hope for the best and if need be my wife will call in on Mon. and if it's something that cannot be addressed Sat. afternoon we'll just hang out till Mon.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
Old 09-01-2015, 08:36 PM   #16
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Joe, Sent you a PM. Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:44 PM   #17

Joe you will never again have the leverage over the dealer that you will have when you purchase your MH. Take it slow and be thorough. Give yourself and the dealer time to make this experience the best that it can be.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:47 PM   #18

Assuming you bought from Buffalo RV, I'm friends with the owner and he also owns Albany RV, Des Moines Rv, Orlando Rv and Tampa Rv. I deal strictly with him and have bought all of my motor homes from him. The dealership is great and there pre inspection was top notch. I was in and out of the dealership within 4 hours and that included my inspection. All my paperwork was completed before hand since I special ordered the coach and was deployed in Bahrain when it came in. I found a few things that they fixed on spot and the others, were noted and fixed at a local Forest river dealership near my home in VA that didn't even sell motor homes. Forest River was great and approved the dealership to do the repairs/fixes. I've never had an issue bringing the coach to a forest River dealer. I know all experiences are not the same and quality control between forest River and the dealerships change all the time but my experience on the motorhomes I've bought from Buffalo RV have always been spot on and gone through with a fine tooth comb before I even picked them up. There are a few campgrounds in buffalo, I stayed the night at one just so I didn't have a 10 hour drive after picking the coach up and in case of a major issue I was close to the dealer but luckily never came to that and was able to test everything out on my own without the service person right there with me.

Good luck and congrats!!!! Hope your experience is with the dealership, coach and forest River are awesome!

Jason

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2014 Berkshire 390BH
2011 cadillac SRX
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 10:30 PM   #19

Quote:

I did it with mine that I bought from a private individual. Of course, it COULD have been a disaster, but I've never been sorry.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:59 PM   #20

First off, congrats Joe. You are going to love your new Berk.

But please take the advice of others here and take it slow during the PDI, stay the night at the dealer if they have full hook ups there and go over everything the PDI covered and everything it didn't. Use the shower, toilets, sink, the ACs. Take her out for a spin, camp that night and really look around as best you can,

If you google RV DPI checklist you will find lots of forms online. Use them. It's best to have the dealer fix something you find before you leave.

Good luck and many safe miles!!!