Old 12-15-2013, 10:20 AM   #11

We took advantage of that $2k gift card. No frills--was a Visa card with a $2k limit. We used it for all kinds of stuff--at stores and on Amazon.

statgeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #12

Well, add me to the club. Drove our new 2014 390RB-60 home from MSHRV on Monday. Ours was a long drawn out search, and Cowboy (Robert) was as low pressure as you could ask for. (started the quest Sept 2012... our plans and needs changed twice along the way.) He was at his folks for the Christmas holiday but still stayed in touch by phone to be sure I got taken care of on delivery day. The Visa cards can be used for whatever. Honestly, this was a wild week and all I could do was a fast walk through and I was gone.

We made 4 trips there over a period of 15 months, crawled in and out of no less than 100 rigs. They'll give you a 4 seat golf cart and let you spend hours looking at rigs if you want to. We were leaning hard towards a bunk model, and lurched in the direction of 1 1/2 bath at the last minute. So it goes. Started at Palazzo, drifted towards Sportscoach, considered a Charleston, locked on on a Berkshire. Purchase was smooth and straight forward (no trade-in for me.) I was looking forward to the first overnighter taking place at their facility but that didn't work out. Anyway, I'm glad to have the rig and look forward to shaking it down.

Old 12-26-2013, 01:03 AM   #13

Congratulations. You will love it. FR is a great company and stand behind the product. Enjoy.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:27 AM   #14

I would suggest you get a unit with the upgraded a/c systems. We have a 390bh and in the summer sometimes the a/c runs all days just to try and keep up. Also I do not know if they have changed or even offer the ability to have the stove vent blow outside instead of back into the camper would be the best.
Old 12-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gottawonder View Post
Well, add me to the club. Drove our new 2014 390RB-60 home from MSHRV on Monday. Ours was a long drawn out search, and Cowboy (Robert) was as low pressure as you could ask for. (started the quest Sept 2012... our plans and needs changed twice along the way.) He was at his folks for the Christmas holiday but still stayed in touch by phone to be sure I got taken care of on delivery day. The Visa cards can be used for whatever. Honestly, this was a wild week and all I could do was a fast walk through and I was gone.

We made 4 trips there over a period of 15 months, crawled in and out of no less than 100 rigs. They'll give you a 4 seat golf cart and let you spend hours looking at rigs if you want to. We were leaning hard towards a bunk model, and lurched in the direction of 1 1/2 bath at the last minute. So it goes. Started at Palazzo, drifted towards Sportscoach, considered a Charleston, locked on on a Berkshire. Purchase was smooth and straight forward (no trade-in for me.) I was looking forward to the first overnighter taking place at their facility but that didn't work out. Anyway, I'm glad to have the rig and look forward to shaking it down.

Love MHSrv! We got our Coachmen class C from them, then traded to the Berkshire in under a 2 month period. They are awesome!
Ashley
Tallcotton4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:25 PM   #16

Congratulations and welcome.
Safe travels and enjoy.
Debbie
Old 12-29-2013, 10:26 AM   #17

I also am new to the RV world. My wife and I bough the new Forrest River Legacy this past summer after tailgating at college football games we knew we wanted to move up. After looking at all my options I believe the Berkshire are the most RV you can get for the money. I have been to the plant and it is incredible all that you get in these coaches. We finally pulled the trigger and picked up our new 39 RB 360hp over the weekend. The differences are too numerous to list so let's just say we are thrilled with our decision. Yes we upgraded after only only 5 months. The dealer by the way where I bought both coaches is RVOne in Albany. As an aside they had my Legacy sold within 1hour of my arrival to trade it in- great people!!!
Old 12-29-2013, 01:38 PM   #18

Congratulations T. I had thought about downsizing to the Legacy but if you upgraded to a Berkshire it may not be enough living space. I am going to the Tampa rv supershow next month to check out all the new units. I am looking at the RB and FL floor plans. Not sure if FR is discontinuing these units, looking for a few changes from the bunkhouse. In March I take my rv back to the factory for some work and look forward to seeing the operation.
Congratulations again to all new owners and safe travels.
Debbie

Tags
berkshire