Old 07-30-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Considering a Modification

We noticed that the loveseat by the door is pretty much useless as a place to sit. It is too shallow and hard to offer any comfort. We are thinking about taking it out and putting another set of cupboards in that same spot or maybe some deep drawers. Has anyone else ever done such a mod?

Old 07-30-2010, 06:39 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by wnytaxman View Post
We noticed that the loveseat by the door is pretty much useless as a place to sit. It is too shallow and hard to offer any comfort. We are thinking about taking it out and putting another set of cupboards in that same spot or maybe some deep drawers. Has anyone else ever done such a mod?
On our last motorhome we had a chair just inside the door on the right as you entered. As with you we found it to be useless and was basically just where we layed our jackets when we came home. When I laid down the wood flooring in that rig we removed the chair and left it out. It made a great place to put the dog crate but if I was to have kept the rig I would have looked into making a small entertainment center there to put the TV in and get it down in front of the couch where a TV should be.

I love your idea, take lots of pictures so we can see how it all come together if you decide to do it. By all means, make the rig yours and usable to your needs.

Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:27 PM   #3

We're considering taking out this sofa too and putting in a workstation for a computer. My wife is a teacher and I'm an engineer who telecommutes in Florida for my employer in San Diego. We're considering spending summers on the road and I'd work from the RV. I'm thinking of putting in a desk that spans the couch area with a fold out arm that goes behind the passenger seat. It would give me a nice L shaded desk to work at.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:40 PM   #4

What can be done in the bathroom for more space. I put some hooks up but there is no where for towels or even to put clothes. I was thinking of some type of fold down table on the wall?
Anybody put a shelf behind the sofa? to hold drinks or stuff
I will also be researching bike racks for the rig.
Any suggestions always appreciated.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:46 PM   #5
Jan Goldfield

I took out the couch and now have a recliner (actually 2 because I removed the dinette as well). I can work on my laptop which conveniently sits in my lap.
I am also installing cubbies under the bed with drawers, so all that space can be used in place of the storage I removed when I removed the dinette/U shaped seat.
Somebody here put a shoe bag over the top of the bathroom door. Inspired thinking. I have one there now as well.

2009 Cherokee Grey Wolf 28BH
2009 Ford 150
pondlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:57 PM   #6
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Debbie,
There are a lot of different bike racks out there. We use a four bike rack that goes right into the trailer hitch. Works out well for us. Most of the better bike stores have them by several different manufacturers. I always wanted a four bike rack that would still allow us to tow a vehicle. Haven't found one I like yet.

Ed
Old 08-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #7

Debbie,
Picked up 2 of these from Camping World a year or so back and use them in front of the sofa for drinks, etc. Work out real well. They are light and fold flat for storage. Watch for them from Camping Wold- they had them on sale for 2/$12 then. Much easier than trying to put a shelf behind the sofa.
Tom

tmmar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 08:08 PM   #8

Thanks Tom,
These will work great. I'll catch the next sale.

Tags
berkshire