Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-19-2016, 10:31 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Do motorhomes even need chassis lube? Most cars and trucks these days have "permanently" lubed joints - but maybe I'm just ignorant about MH's.

Almost sounds like a gimmick. I know auto repair shops still push "tuneups" to the ignorant, even though new cars don't have points, condensers, distributor caps or most of the other stuff you replaced or adjusted during a "tuneup."

I don't remember the exact number without looking it up but I believe there are around 110 lube points on a Berkshire chassis. Also have things like ride height and axle lube oil that needs serviced. You can easily spend a 1000 dollars for a service.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 10:45 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockfordroo View Post
Do motorhomes even need chassis lube? Most cars and trucks these days have "permanently" lubed joints - but maybe I'm just ignorant about MH's.

Almost sounds like a gimmick. I know auto repair shops still push "tuneups" to the ignorant, even though new cars don't have points, condensers, distributor caps or most of the other stuff you replaced or adjusted during a "tuneup."
Yes, MHs are different than cars and trucks. It isn't a gimmick. There are numerous lube points throughout the chassis.
2011 Honda CR-V toad
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 11:50 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
Yes, MHs are different than cars and trucks. It isn't a gimmick. There are numerous lube points throughout the chassis.
Now I know - Thanks.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 12:44 PM   #24

Haven't experienced any other Speedco centers, but glad to see they are all over. I had my oil changed with Rotella, all oil and fuel filters changed, full chassis lube and fluid check. I sat and watched the technicians do the service. I've done it myself in the past but I can't do the whole service for that price. To each his own, but I'll use them again.
fedexflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 09:26 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
Do you do this annually? It says 36 month service.
Freightliner and Cummins recommend doing service every 15,000 mi or 12 months, whichever comes first. Most of us probably fit into the annual category. Freightliner had a service sheet for each 12 month period. Some items change between years. For example, you only need to get the tranny filter changed every two years. Change of tranny fluid, radiator coolant, air dryer, etc., have their own periods. I just showed the service for the 36 month service as an example.
Hank
Old 02-21-2016, 05:49 PM   #26

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1456094948.309464.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	75.6 KB
ID:	100088
Here is the latest and greatest.

Paul
2015 XL 40QL-60
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unltd. Sahara
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 06:23 PM   #27

Nice chart, thanks Paul!
tnbendr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 04:47 PM   #28

Pleasure is all mine Ben

Paul
2015 XL 40QL-60
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unltd. Sahara
Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Paulie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 10:49 PM   #29

Just had my inspection, oil changes on engine and generators(18 Qrts) fuel filters replaced fluids checked and topped off,!tires inspected and check for pressure. $322.00
Texas Realtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 01:44 AM   #30

Cost of oil change

My last time I had this done was on October 2015 it was the 35,000 mile check. Freightliner did the check and was right at $950.00 dollars but had it done at a Freightliner Oasis. In Rapid City SD. Had it done before we left for a six month tour. ( Freightliners check list)

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
outloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 02:41 AM   #31

I just changed my oil, filter, and fuel filter.
Changing oil on a Prism is absolutely a piece of cake. I bought a 16gal drain pan/tank at Walmart, Rotella oil and filter at AutoZone. All for about $70.
The fuel filter is more of a challenge. I ordered a Mann fuel filter online for $89. Mann is same as OEM filter, made in same Czech plant, just branded Mann instead of Mercedes. Don't buy a generic!
Oh, I was quoted $600 to change all of the above, and of course they wanted to keep my RV for 2wks!!! I did it all in 3hrs. 3hrs only because it's the first time I've ever done it. Probably 2hrs next time. If you've never worked under the hood, you might need help with this one. I took pictures, need to make a how to or something if no one else has. Just take your time, and most importantly remember how you took everything apart!!..so you get everything back together correctly!
(warning: there's a fragile plastic hose clip on the fuel input hose! Get that one back on right or you'll have fuel all over! Before you put the air filter back on, turn the key to the right to get the fuel pump going. If you didn't get that input hose back on right, you'll know pretty quick..., fuel squirting out all over.)
When you finish your repairs, it'd be a good idea to drive your RV around a bit. Take it to the grocery store a couple of times. Or better yet, to Cabelas, The Bass Pro Shop, Home Depot or Lowes. You sure don't want to have a problem on the day your heading out on a Trip.
SirLanceALot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:49 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLanceALot View Post
I just changed my oil, filter, and fuel filter.
Changing oil on a Prism is absolutely a piece of cake. I bought a 16gal drain pan/tank at Walmart, Rotella oil and filter at AutoZone. All for about $70.
The fuel filter is more of a challenge. I ordered a Mann fuel filter online for $89. Mann is same as OEM filter, made in same Czech plant, just branded Mann instead of Mercedes. Don't buy a generic!
Oh, I was quoted $600 to change all of the above, and of course they wanted to keep my RV for 2wks!!! I did it all in 3hrs. 3hrs only because it's the first time I've ever done it. Probably 2hrs next time. If you've never worked under the hood, you might need help with this one. I took pictures, need to make a how to or something if no one else has. Just take your time, and most importantly remember how you took everything apart!!..so you get everything back together correctly!
(warning: there's a fragile plastic hose clip on the fuel input hose! Get that one back on right or you'll have fuel all over! Before you put the air filter back on, turn the key to the right to get the fuel pump going. If you didn't get that input hose back on right, you'll know pretty quick..., fuel squirting out all over.)
When you finish your repairs, it'd be a good idea to drive your RV around a bit. Take it to the grocery store a couple of times. Or better yet, to Cabelas, The Bass Pro Shop, Home Depot or Lowes. You sure don't want to have a problem on the day your heading out on a Trip.
Your post would be more applicable on a Prism forum as opposed to this Berkshire forum.
Hank
Old 02-26-2016, 10:59 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Realtor View Post
Just had my inspection, oil changes on engine and generators(18 Qrts) fuel filters replaced fluids checked and topped off,!tires inspected and check for pressure. $322.00
Good price

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 11:55 AM   #34

Whoops

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
Your post would be more applicable on a Prism forum as opposed to this Berkshire forum.
Hank
Thanks! I thought I was on the Prism forum. That's what happens when you wake up in the middle of the night and post something. I'll fix.
SirLanceALot is offline   Reply With Quote