Old 12-06-2014, 07:23 PM   #31
2014 360 QL

I called my FL dealer in Odessa Texas and they said that they did not have time to do any kind of service on a motor home ,,, and also they would not do any warranty work on it ,,, they are so overloaded with the oil field they just don't have time.

Old 12-06-2014, 08:17 PM   #32

Tom
I don't know if they did a lube job. It might be included in the service list. I left it up to them as what to do for 24 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 12-07-2014, 08:40 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mmnsc View Post
Tom
I don't know if they did a lube job. It might be included in the service list. I left it up to them as what to do for 24 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I had my 24 month service done at the Freightliner Oasis in Gaffney and have my invoice and maintenance list in front of me.

From my experience, they gave me a two page recommended maintenance list to me before the service and I had the opportunity edit the recommendations beforehand. After the service was done, I received an invoice such as what you displayed and the original maintenance list. The list was initial by the technician for every check/inspect/lubricate/change item. The invoice does not detail every item; it merely shows the material and total labor charges.

I did get surprised for the $164 Air Dryer Kit and $80 Air Filter. I could have however deleted them from the list beforehand if I I was aware.

Hank
Old 12-07-2014, 08:44 AM   #34

Oh, yes, they did a lube job and every item lubricated was listed separately on the maintenance list.

I attached the list earlier in this thread.

Hank
Old 12-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #35

Hank
That is true they gave me the list to edit. I looked at it and told them to do all recommended services. I looked at the list the technician initialed, but just wanted to share the expenses since there was so much chatter as to what needed to be done and what the various service centers charge.
Marty

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 02-12-2015, 03:21 PM   #36

Does not seem excessive to me given the cost and complexity of these units. I'm still researching the power steering filter issue just to make sure I'm prepared.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:25 PM   #37

I will be doing my own as well. Just recorded all the filter numbers and will order a couple as spares. Chassis lube is such a pain with the low chassis height, that is a good one for the local dealer from time to time. Gen and Engine in a year old when you take delivery by the time the chassis sits on a lot, and manufacturing process. So I changed by gen and engine oil and filter to begin with. Filters and oil, less than $100. Pretty simple.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:44 PM   #38

While at the Tampa show tmmar and I stopped by the Freightliner exhibit specifically to find out about the power steering filter. On our 390bh 360 the power steering filter is mounted in the canister in the upper right corner of the engine access (where you would check the engine oil level). The whole top of the canister unscrews and the filter is in the middle. The tech said the filter should be changed every 2 years or so. There are several different filters so you need FL to look up the model number based on the VIN. Surprisingly FL did not have the filters available at the show but you can order them directly from FL

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 02-18-2015, 09:09 PM   #39

Can anyone recommend a place in Chicago/Kenosha for 2014 400BH 360? Spoke to a FL dealer in Oak Creek and they had no clue - they were guestimating at 6+ hours at well over $100/hour.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:06 PM   #40

You should look into an Oasis Freightliner Dealer in your area. They know more about Motorhomes then non-Oasis dealers. Find one at.............

Oasis Network

Hank

Tags
service