Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-26-2015, 10:25 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxers-rule View Post
To all that have responded,
I don't want to suggest that my solution will solve all your problems. I believe the worst problem I had was the hard time we had adjusting the mix between hot and cold with the crappy valve and trim kit supplied by Forest River.

A pressure balance valve with the mixing lever DOES solve issues of hard to adjust shower valve handles, along with the fact that any faucet turned on in the motorhome during your shower will not affect the temperature during your shower. It's main feature is that it counters any drop in pressure from either side (hot or cold).

Very simple really.

And, is less likely to change the temp if bumped......my biggest reason for wanting a change.

Rich
gasman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:38 AM   #22

Gasman94,

I apologize for stating that the link you sent over isn't a pressure balance kit. After looking at it again, I realized it states it is pressure balanced but you will still need the valve itself, if I read it right. It just doesn't have a separate mixing lever which the version I purchased does. Don't know whether that would make a big difference as I guess it would work basically the same as the majority of home showers would have installed. I would research further if your issue was the same as mine (adjusting the temp).
Old 08-26-2015, 10:48 AM   #23

Gasman94,

Yes, the separate mixing valve doesn't change the temp if you were to "bump" the larger flow control handle. Didn't think of that but nice feature in a tight shower stall. I also purchased a separate shower head holder to allow me to place the head higher up on the shower wall since I am taller than my wife, who had no problem with the factory installed adjustable shower head holder.

Now the tight shower stall doesn't bother me as much as I can stand straight up and don't have to bend over to get my head wet AND the temp is steady.

Slowly making up for the small bathroom issue. Now if I can figure out a way to shave without having to awkwardly straddle the toilet. Wondering if we would have been better off forgoing the extra storage room of the bunkhouse and going with the rear bath unit.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:22 PM   #24

Rear bath is a nice feature.

Wayne
Old 08-26-2015, 01:35 PM   #25

Got a 390fl. It has a nice layout with two sinks and plenty of area to shave, but I agree....RB is a great floor plan. The only reason we didn't go for it (may seem stupid) was because of the TV access. We could sit directly in front of our TV when watching in our FL model.

Rich
Old 08-26-2015, 02:35 PM   #26

Gasman94,

I see you pull an Equinox. We just bought a new one to flat tow. Were pulling a Sonata Hybrid on dolly. Wanted to go back to flat towing so I just got the baseplate and wiring harness yesterday.
How do you like towing it? The LTZ w/v6 we got lists around 4k lbs. Hope we're OK.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:40 PM   #27
Site Team

(Boxers Rule) suggest you start a new thread with your towing questions as they have nothing to do with replacing a shower valve....
2016 Evergreen Everlite 242RBS
29' empty nest model. Blue Ox WD hitch
(1 queen bed, large main cabin and huge bathroom)
Camping days 2010-53, 2011-47, 2012-41, 2013-41, 2014-31, 2015-40, 2016-44, 2017-63, 2018-75, 2019-32, 2020-41, 2021-49, 2022-43, 2023-66
KyDan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:04 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxers-rule View Post
Gasman94,

I see you pull an Equinox. We just bought a new one to flat tow. Were pulling a Sonata Hybrid on dolly. Wanted to go back to flat towing so I just got the baseplate and wiring harness yesterday.
How do you like towing it? The LTZ w/v6 we got lists around 4k lbs. Hope we're OK.

Have flat towed with the Equinox for 3 years. Love it. Don't even know it's there.

Rich
Old 05-09-2016, 12:51 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman94 View Post
I bought one of the Delta Lahara, the T17238-SS and the Universal Rough-in. Since it has a separate temperature control, I assumed it was temperature-controlled. After installing, I realize that it is only pressure balanced.

Their TempAssure line would have been better, but it isn't sold at the big box stores. You need a product code that starts with T17T.
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2579202
Toad: 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4; Formerly: 2005 Acura EL (aka Honda Civic)
gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 01:49 PM   #30

Thermostatic Valve versus Pressure Balance Valve

As per my previous post, I have installed the Delta Lahara T71T model, and a complete discussion of my installation is at http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1335571

The early postings in the thread above are all for the standard Delta Lahara Pressure Balanced valves. Users seem to be happy with that, but my thread suggests that it will have problems if the user is dry camping and turning the valve on and off frequently.

A pressure balanced valve is designed to cover drops in water pressure on the cold line (e.g. a toilet being flushed), which causes the hot line to have a relatively higher pressure and more flow, which can scald the user. This is not an issue with our Berks, in my view.

I installed the Delta Lahara TempAssure valve, which might be best described as a thermostatic valve. Instead of adjusting the blending based on cold vs hot pressure, it adjusts the blending based on cold vs hot temperature.

These thermostatic valves are a lot more expensive and you need to look harder to find them, which is why I identified the Delta series as starting with T17T in the model number.
https://www.forestriverforums.com/fo...ml#post2579202
Toad: 2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4; Formerly: 2005 Acura EL (aka Honda Civic)
gordonsick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
show, shower