Old 08-19-2010, 01:33 PM   #11
Owner - RVtronics
Send a message via AIM to Bob Fields Send a message via Skype™ to Bob Fields

And I agree with the childhood memories - sometimes when heading out on a trip the kids would be like, "do we have to go away again?" Then once they went off to college the first place they brought their friends when visiting home was the family room to show them all the places they had been growing up! I get a smile just thinking about!

Travel on!

Bob Fields
(781) 281-9440
Bob Fields is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 02:28 PM   #12
CLASS "A" Senior Member
Originally Posted by mstevens107 View Post
Come to find out we had a faulty inverter. We were able to find a Camping World along our trip and had it replaced. The coach ran terrific for the rest of the 2755 miles. Great trip! From Raleigh, NC to Springfield, MO & the original Bass Pro Shop, to Tulsa, OK to St Louis, MO where the kids rode up the Arch and Mom/Dad visited Budweiser...Then on to the Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington, KY and the Woodard Reserve distillery...finally on to Milton WV where we stayed at a nice KOA and went sightseeing. This is the what the Berkshire BH is meant for - family memories!
We had a faulty inverter as well but only on one leg. We left for the beach and everything was working, came back and only 1 AC was running and half of the motorhome was dead. I check the output voltage at the inverter and found one side with 120 volts the other with zero. Went to HD and bought a few wire bugs and rubber tape. By-passed the inverter and continued with vacation. Camping World swapped it out under warranty and reimbursed me for the supplies and my time. I guess when they croak there's no warning they just don't work. Glad to hear they got you squared away.

2007 Georgetown 370TS

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 05:47 PM   #13
WooHoo! Awesome!

(not about having a bad inverter but that you had a good trip)

"I can fix it, and if I can't fix it, I can fix it so no one can fix it!"
Ed & Wendy
2009 Georgetown 378TS | 1998 Jeep Wrangler | 1998 Skeeter ZX202C
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote