Old 09-22-2019, 07:52 PM   #1

Dedicated Side Camera Monitor

Brand new Berkshire 45A owner here. Just got back from our first trip and love the side mirror and rear camera options while on the highway. I was thinking it would be great to have a dedicated monitor that I could mount on the dash to the left of the steering wheel that shows the driver side blind spot camera feed continuously. Has anyone done this or have a wiring schematic for the cameras?

RustyBerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 08:07 PM   #2
PPST Wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBerk View Post
Brand new Berkshire 45A owner here. Just got back from our first trip and love the side mirror and rear camera options while on the highway. I was thinking it would be great to have a dedicated monitor that I could mount on the dash to the left of the steering wheel that shows the driver side blind spot camera feed continuously. Has anyone done this or have a wiring schematic for the cameras?
Iíve driven many large vehicles before our motorhome and never had rear or side mount cameras. What is your fascination with a blind spot camera? Is there a specific blind spot you canít see in the convex mirror located below your standard mirrors?
When Iím ready to change lanes or direction, I scan the mirrors all of the time, and only rarely scan what the camera may see.

Ken and Terry
2010 Georgetown 330TS being pushed by our
2017 GMC Terrain toad (4 wheels down)
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2019, 08:18 PM   #3

This is the largest vehicle I have driven and the 2 separate mirrors have a split in them where the view is not consistent. The camera view is one constant view that goes beyond the end of the motorhome and shows all vehicles beside me in 1 view. The only problem right now is that view of the left side of the vehicle is down and to my right on the radio screen.
RustyBerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 04:22 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyBerk View Post
We mounted 2 button cameras on each side mirrors (camera facing down the side of the Berkshire) with 2 monitors mounted above the driver's seat. Monitors stay on while driving and can be used for security when parked. Wires were run through the back of the side mirror. PM me for more details (my husband can explain the "how to" better than I can) But yes, it is possible.
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat