Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-09-2016, 09:01 AM   #21

The theory was your light issue could be caused by low voltage from the batteries.

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:29 AM   #22

Well on mine it had everything to do with dimming ceiling lights. With one battery dead my light were pulsing. Replaced that battery. All good now.

Hard to say what your issues are but a new battery fixed mine.

Russell.
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:53 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
Not sure what a dead battery has to do with my dim ceiling lights
Hank
hank, the entire 12v system is connected directly to the battery bank. it does not get its electricity directly from shore power when plugged in. the inverter/charger, when plugged in, fills up the batteries in which the 12v systems pull their electricity from.

ie: they drink through a straw in a cup and a pitcher is filling the cup. they don't drink from the pitcher directly. so if there is an issue with the cup (like a leak since it can't hold it all), they aren't drinking as much as they need...
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 09:56 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAT-RN View Post
Here is a pic of the battery Phil. My guess is that it must if cracked in Florida ? As I have no acid on my barn floor.

RussellAttachment 110584
russell, it looks like your battery was overcharged and the water got boiled out. bulging batteries are often a result of overheated batteries during the charge cycle.

quite a few people have reported that the magnum inverter/charger has boiled their batteries before and an upgrade in the magnum control unit gave finer control on the charge and much better battery life thereafter.
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 10:33 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himcules View Post
russell, it looks like your battery was overcharged and the water got boiled out. bulging batteries are often a result of overheated batteries during the charge cycle.

quite a few people have reported that the magnum inverter/charger has boiled their batteries before and an upgrade in the magnum control unit gave finer control on the charge and much better battery life thereafter.

That very well could be my issue. I'll keep an eye on the batteries.

Thanks.

Russell
CAT-RN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2016, 12:23 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himcules View Post

I had this same problem with boil over. I changed the controller and keep the charge rate at 70% and haven't had an a problem since.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
klucas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
led, light