Old 11-12-2015, 08:28 AM   #11

Customer service, yes. Unlimited support? I don't expect that.

Old 11-12-2015, 08:47 AM   #12

This is a one sided story Folks, before everyone starts jumping off the cliff like lemmings.

I would suggest that the OP take it out of the public view and try the step manufacturer route.

I agree on the statement fix it at Goshen fix it now but the OP may have to pay costs like shipping and installation at the dealer. Possibly this approach will get the steps repaired.

Old 11-12-2015, 10:07 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post
Not to be the devil's disciple, but since these rigs are drastically out of warranty, why should FR be expected to do anything? If you had a 2008 Ram truck, the dealer and Dodge would react the same way, right?

The warranty work is built into the pricing structure. After the warranty it's pure loss for the manufacturer who will also not reimbursement a dealer.
Breezy,
This is something that has been an ongoing issue for a number of years, not something that just started being a problem. If this had been your 2008 Ram Truck and you had an issue going on for years, you probably would have filed a Lemon Law suit to get the vehicle replaced.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 10:55 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Breezy,

This is something that has been an ongoing issue for a number of years, not something that just started being a problem. If this had been your 2008 Ram Truck and you had an issue going on for years, you probably would have filed a Lemon Law suit to get the vehicle replaced.

Depends on if it was out of warranty. If it wasn't, then reporting things in the warranty period would carry over until resolution. If out of warranty, I'd have to deal with it or sell it.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:01 AM   #15

Ernest sorry to hear about the failed support. I hope you can get things worked out.
Old 11-12-2015, 01:33 PM   #16

Good grief.... Didn't mean to open a can of worms here....

One final statement here - as I've already stated, this has been an issue for almost 5 yrs... I think I've been more than patient with this entire issue... After trying for this length of time to get some resolution from FR, I guess I'd be crazy to expect them to do something wouldn't i...

Sure - I could purchase new steps and pay to have them installed. I could even pay someone to remove the defective Diamond Shield and replace it with new... BUT why should I have too...

Anyway - thanks for all the input ... I'll deal with this when I have more time.... Right now I'm busy installing a new shingle roof on my house - by myself - so I'm a tad busy ...

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 11-12-2015, 02:14 PM   #17

Ernest the Diamond Shield folks should send a rep out to work in the film. Even at the rally no one from FR really wanted to mess with it. They had a guy from DS fix it. So I think a new rig they would do the same. I still don't know if DS is a good idea or not.
Good luck with the roof. After doing my last house I swore I would never do it again. Miserable work.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:19 PM   #18

Yeah - roofing is no fun that's for sure but I just can't see paying someone $8-10K to do a job I can do for $2,600 in materials and lots of sweat.... I just for a roofing nail gun so that should speed things up by about 75%.... Plus save my dang thumb...

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 11-12-2015, 02:33 PM   #19

Ernest,

Hope you get it fixed.

Could make a Lemon Rap about Mistake buying a Berk..

Old 11-12-2015, 02:57 PM   #20

Not trying to start something here,but my dad always told me "everything has a service life,some short,some long". I havent seen the parts in this thread,but maybe it applies,and maybe not.