Old 07-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #1

Dometic Refrigerator Temperature slide control

The thermistor that is in the white temperature slide control inside the refrigerator on the cooling fins came out of the plastic slide. Does anyone know where in that slide the thermistor should be placed and how to keep it from coming out again?
Thanks,
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #2

The top of the thermistor should be flush with the top of the slider. A small piece of double sided Scotch tape that might work to keep it from moving.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:19 PM   #3

I'm not sure that I would want to use the double sided tape on the thermistor because it may interfere with the thermistor's temperature sensing capability.

Old 07-03-2013, 03:12 PM   #4

Just a small 1/8" strip along the side so it doesn't slide out shouldn't hurt.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

Does anyone have trouble with the fridge staying cool? On our long trips with the fridge packed it does not get cold enough. We've lost some fruit to mold because its not cold enough. Currently the readout on top of the Dometic reads 5 and 1. Sometimes on this trip it reads 5 and 8 or 5 and 9. It all over the board. It also seems to not make a difference if we are on propane or shore power.

BTW we are camped at White Pines State Park in Illinois. Beautiful park.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #6

Your fridge must be different from mine. Not sure what you mean by '5 and 1' and '5 and 9'. I have a 2 sensor thermometer that I use to tell me the temperature in the coach and I put the other sensor in the fridge. On a recent trip, the temp inside the fridge did vary quite a bit. I went up when it was opened, as you would expect it to do. Went down when it sat closed. But it doesn't seem to stay as cold as it used to be. That's when I discovered the thermistor had come out of the slide. Have you tried moving the white slide on the right side of the fins in the back up? That should bring the temp down somewhat. Also, I would get a remote senor thermometer that you can put in the fridge so that you can monitor the internal temp without having to open it.

Forgot to mention that I also have 5 temp settings and keep mine set on 5. I also have a fan that clips to the back coils that helps and I put a pc muffin fan in the outside compartment which blows air upward to dissipate the heat better.

Old 07-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterColo View Post
Does anyone have trouble with the fridge staying cool? On our long trips with the fridge packed it does not get cold enough. We've lost some fruit to mold because its not cold enough. Currently the readout on top of the Dometic reads 5 and 1. Sometimes on this trip it reads 5 and 8 or 5 and 9. It all over the board. It also seems to not make a difference if we are on propane or shore power.

BTW we are camped at White Pines State Park in Illinois. Beautiful park.
My fridge goes from 1-5. 5 being the coldest setting. Give that a try. I also found when its really hot if the ice maker is on it has a effect on the temp. We spent a few weeks in the desert last month and I made these changes and it was fine after that. Hope it works for you.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #8
2011 Berkshire 390BH-60

Here is my setup. Note number I'm upper right And is this the thermal coupler you are talking about?

Old 07-11-2013, 07:13 PM   #9

Yours is a double door. Mine is a single door (really 2 doors - 1 for the fridge, 1 for the freezer). The thermocouple is in the back of the refrigerator usually on the rightmost fin in a white plastic slide piece. I have read a post where the poster said that the rubber flap between the doors of double door refrigerators sometimes gets folded and allows warm air to enter. When you close the doors, you should check to make sure the flap is not folded under. I am trying to include a link to a picture of the slide. Hopefully this will work. It is the white plastic piece on the right side.

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...1&d=1367980299

Old 07-11-2013, 09:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaterColo View Post
Here is my setup. Note number I'm upper right And is this the thermal coupler you are talking about?
That number on the outside is the inside temp. You want that under 40 deg. If you open the door there is the temp setting button, top right next to the on: off button. . If you hit it it will go between 1-5. That sets the temp setting. Higher the number colder it will get.