Old 05-19-2015, 11:50 AM   #11

Tom,
Well, now that I've got it working in the Program modes, I'd rather not mess with that by trying to learn dip-switch changes. Otherwise, I could have another uncomfortable cold night while I try to wake up enough to debug a complicated thermostat!

Dan,
The only times that I've successfully gotten the thermostat to change what it is doing the by having the words "Program" flashing. In particular, I've never been able to simply push the up or down arrows to increase or lower the temperature, which I can easily do on my home thermostat.

I think that the problems seem to stem from the Dometic being a very powerful thermostat that can be made to function in many different ways. As a result, their documentation doesn't do a good job of explaining how to make the thermostat work, because the operation seems to depend so much on the dipswitch settings.

Thanks to everyone for their advice and help.

Old 05-21-2015, 01:54 AM   #12

I suppose you know you can clear the program mode from either zone 1 or 2 by pushing the program button and holding it for 3 seconds. Now I get to tell the thermostat what to do rather than it telling me. Someone set the program mode at the dealership and I prefer to operate the heat and air w/o it. With out the program mode on the up and down arrows function like your home thermostat.

Roadmaster Falcon 2 All Terrain
SMI Air Force 1
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 09:10 PM   #13

Seeg,
I did the clear routine and I still have the programs. Maybe I didn't do it correctly, I suppose. But, my inability to clear the programs and other settings suggest that the answer is in the dipswitches, which would not be cleared.

Now that I understand the programs, I think I'll live with them and modify them.

I've got to explain it all to the rest of the family, though.
Old 05-21-2015, 09:44 PM   #14

Probably more info than anyone needs:

http://primetimerv.com/download/Comp...structions.pdf
Roadmaster Falcon 2 All Terrain
SMI Air Force 1
seeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 10:47 PM   #15

Seeg,
Thanks for the link to the online manual. I like to have electronic versions of manuals, so this is good. The information in the online manual is almost identical to the pamphlet manual that came with the RV. The pamphlet is dated October 2011, and the online manual is older (July 2010).

Both talk about DIP switches being set at the motorhome manufacturer.

The online manual has an outside temperature button and mine does not (neither the hard copy manual or the thermostat itself).

I don't use the Auto mode, but I see on Page 7 of the pamphlet that it gives heating priority to the heat pump, then the furnace and then a heat strip. That might carry over to my settings, because the heat pump comes on at night when I don't want it to come on.

Tags
dometic, thermostat