Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #181

340 to 360 is programming change. Engine accessories (oil pan, oil filter adapter, fuel filter adapters, alternator output, a/c compressors, etc.) change with the engine application (Ram truck uses the same basic 6.7L with a different power output program). I find it interesting that Ram truck has a 37,500# GCVW available.
NV245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:26 AM   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
I may be wrong, but I don't think that the difference between the 340 and 360 is just a chip change. When I changed the oil in my 340 it took 16 quarts with the filter. My new coach with the 360 takes 18 quarts with the filter. Also, the main fuel filter on the 360 is different than that on the 340. So-there are these 2 differences and not sure what other differences in the engine that may exist.
Tom, the Cummins manual on my 340 (I think the book is specific to the 340; not one of those books that covers multiple models) states that I may have either a 16 or 19 quart pan.

Boowho?
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote