Old 06-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Boo,
Hey- nothing but the facts maam (as said by Sgt Joe Friday) - LOL!!!

Just as a point of information- a poster (either here or another forum) stated that they had a problem with the fan hub assembly that held the engine cooling fan on their Freightliner engine. They said that the bolts that hold the hub (4 in the old version) were insufficient to hold the assembly to the block. They sheared off and caused the fan to go into the radiator causing all sorts of problems. Freightliner has an updated 5 bolt version that is supposed to correct the problem. I contacted Freightliner and asked that they rectify the situation before I had a problem on the road.
They of course said no. I contacted the DOT and New York State consumer protection agency and explained the situation and told them that there could be serious problems if the bolts failed and the fan went into the radiator. If I was travelling at 65 MPH on the highway and this problem occurred, no telling what could happen to my coach (shards flying around the engine compartment severing who know's what) as well as shards flying around outside my engine compartment, contacting other vehicles following me.
Well the NY State Dept of Consumer affairs contacted Freightliner. I, in turn, was contacted by the General Counsell for Daimler (who owns Freightliner), and guess what, they are going to fix the problem.
My point is, if it is a safety problem that could cause a serious situation, they will pay to take care of the problem rather than face a serious litigation predicament.
Tom
Funny how minds can sometimes be changed when a little pressure is applied. Thankfully, FR has not decided to dig in their heels and force us to follow the same course of action as you with FL.

Boowho??

Old 06-23-2013, 10:02 PM   #82

Edgewant, all I know is I'm supposed to get 275 80 load range G tires. Found your 275/80R22.5 LRG XZE2 online.
At following conditions FA is at 10,978 lbs, RA is at 17,500 lbs:
- passenger on couch or up front
- full fuel
- 60% water
- full LP (19.6 gal, 86 lbs)

Under those conditions, it looks like the XZE2 tables want front tires 95 psi, rear tires 77 psi.

Old 06-24-2013, 09:26 PM   #83

Alright people...... Left FR Elkhart at about 2:00 PM (Eastern) today.

Dropped the coach off at about 7:00 AM and was done by the time mentioned above.

Randy and Mitch (and a nice lady named Julie) were very professional and pleasant to work with. Nice to be able to put faces with names, and for them to be able to do the same.

Mitch gave me a tour of the plant; it's worth the trip if you are in the area to stop by an ask for the tour. Fascinating!!

Anyhow, 6 tires switched with the new larger tires and airbags replaced. So, far I notice no difference in the handling, but the ride may be a tiny bit better.

I did not get any paperwork yet, so won't know about the new axle limits until it arrives in the mail.

All in all, the visit just made me even happier I bought FR. Their CS is VERY good, just a little slow. They often will fix things which they are not legal required to do (like warranty expired, etc); of course on a case by case basis. Randy and Mitch are up to their butts in aligators as they handle every Berk and Charleston sold; just the two of them.

Boowho??
Old 06-27-2013, 09:22 AM   #84

So i finally read this thread yesterday and promptly emailed randy. I advised we had a 2013 RB 360 and was wondering if we would have the same issue. He replied to arrange an appointment in Gaffney SC to have the tires and air bags replaced. So I guess I'm going in August, only time I have off. Is there no place closer that can do this work?

3rd generation Disabled Veteran, oldest son is 4th Generation Disabled Veteran...its a family tradition.
Scokat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 11:06 AM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scokat View Post
So i finally read this thread yesterday and promptly emailed randy. I advised we had a 2013 RB 360 and was wondering if we would have the same issue. He replied to arrange an appointment in Gaffney SC to have the tires and air bags replaced. So I guess I'm going in August, only time I have off. Is there no place closer that can do this work?
Mine was done at the FR plant in Elkhart, IN. Other than that, FR highly prefers (maybe even requires) that it be done at one of those two locations.

Boowho??
Old 06-29-2013, 10:09 PM   #86

Hallen01:
You can Google Michelin XZE2 (which is exactly what is imprinted on the tire) or
Follow this link to the Michelin XZE2.
Michelin Americas Truck Tires XZE2™ Page

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:17 PM   #87

Hallen01,

Sorry I missed your second response. I simply went by the four corner weights obtained at FCCC and added for full load of fuel, ˝ tank water, full LP and passengers. My total FA is 10920 but the heavy side at 5765 lbs sets the tire pressure for front. Similar on rear.

2013 Berkshire 390RB-60
toad - 2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
edgewant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:05 AM   #88

I'm pleased to report that I have now been scheduled for the air bag/tire upgrade in Gaffney. I emailed Randy with my details and he had me scheduled in within a few minutes. Obviously they are aware of this weight issue - particularly on the front axle and are taking the needed steps to correct it. I have a 390BH-40 and have previously posted my weights. There were no questions asked! We live in Houston, but are taking vacation in the Smokies next month and they were good enough to fit us in during our vacation. We will be within 2-3 hours of Gaffney, so this has worked out very well. They advise the upgrade will take around half a day. I will report further next month after the upgrade.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:45 AM   #89

2013 390BH - 360 (255 tires); Front axle weighs in @ 11,040. Email sent to Randy to see if I can obtain the new tires, etc.
Old 07-11-2013, 05:15 PM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJM4 View Post
2013 390BH - 360 (255 tires); Front axle weighs in @ 11,040. Email sent to Randy to see if I can obtain the new tires, etc.
please update this thread with your findings. i wonder if new front airbags are due as well?

ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote