Old 03-31-2013, 04:06 PM   #1

Dry Weight for 390RB

IF you have a 390RB (preferably 2011), I'd like to know what your yellow sticker shows for the dry weight of the coach. Mine shows 23270... I have stack wash/dry, tile floors and table/chairs NOT booth.

I finally weighed the beast yesterday and was approx 900 lbs over on both front and rear axle. This was with full diesel, full propane, empty BW and GW and about 1/2 full fresh water.

Yes, I know some will answer I have too much gear and that MAY be possible. However, if the stated dry weight (yellow sticker) is accurate then I've got 6530 lbs loaded INSIDE the coach which is 800+ lbs more than TWICE the weight of my toad (Ford Fiesta).

I really don't think that's possible, but I'm going to start weighing the entire contents piece by piece over the next few days.

Thanks

Boowho??

Old 04-01-2013, 01:07 AM   #2

Bill when I emptied our MH which I felt was well stocked for long stays it came to 835 lbs total. This is everything not needed to operate the MH. I was surprised at how little we had. Please be sure to post what you come up with.
This is going to be my advise to everyone that is considering a MH purchase please weigh the MH on the test drive. It costs 9 dollars and this info can be compared to the manufacture clams to see exactly what the capability is and if it is able to preform the use that you have in mind. If you don't know how to do this ask.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:31 AM   #3

2011 390RB40 Yellow Sticker

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1300745537.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	45.3 KB
ID:	26862
Old 04-01-2013, 06:15 AM   #4

The yellow sticker will not include propane, fuel, water, people that may have stayed in while weighing & may not cover all factory installed options........ The yellow sticker is a guide......I would go by the actual "GVW" weight ratings of the MH

Good luck figuring it out...........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:23 AM   #5
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oaklevel View Post
The yellow sticker will not include propane, fuel, water, people that may have stayed in while weighing & may not cover all factory installed options........ The yellow sticker is a guide......I would go by the actual "GVW" weight ratings of the MH

Good luck figuring it out...........
Actually Oak, I think it does include full fuel and propane, but not water, people or other contents.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #6

It does include fuel both LP and diesel. I have seen them weigh mine and they add the estimated weight if the tanks are not full. I also believe they add a driver weight but I may be wrong about that.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
2011 390RB40 Yellow Sticker

Attachment 26862
Yes, thanks for the image. I remember you posted it before and your empty weight was 980 lbs more than mine while your cargo capacity was 980 lbs less than me.

I believe my empty weight sticker may be understated by as much as 2000 lbs.

I checked the tires yesterday and they are good for 10410 on the front 19220 on the back. (5205 times 2 and 4805 times 4). So the limiting factor on the rear at least, appears to be the frame/suspension itself.

And with you gear weighed only 835 lbs I can't believe that mine would be almost 8 TIMES that much. I mean, I don't have any high density items like rocks, stacks of magazines, etc in there.

I have 8 large plastic tubs in the basement on two roll out trays. 4 of them fit in a roll out tray perfectly. I can easily lift the heaviest of the eight and I am not in good shape.

I'd say the heaviest of the 8 would be absolutely no more than 75 lbs. So, all 8 would max out at 600 lbs; and that would be VERY pessimistic. Other than those tubs I have only the normal stuff that most folks would put in a coach.

Regards

Bill
Old 04-01-2013, 03:52 PM   #8
Future Berkshire Owner

Well, now I want to totally empty my coach and weigh it. I was right at the limit with the front axle, coach normally loaded and with about 1/4 freshwater tank and nearly empty black/gray.
Old 04-01-2013, 04:19 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joker View Post
Well, now I want to totally empty my coach and weigh it. I was right at the limit with the front axle, coach normally loaded and with about 1/4 freshwater tank and nearly empty black/gray.

I'd LOVE to know what your's scales out at empty. Use a CAT scale; find them at most truck stops. They are certified accurate and cost $10 or less. When you pull up on the scale there are multiple "platforms". Just make sure both coach axles are each on a separate platform and the toad is on it's own platform. The weigh ticket will then show three different weights; one for each platform.

When a commercial vehicle weighs there and later get's slammed at a DOT scale, CAT will either help you fight it in court, or just pay the fine themselves. BTW, those commercial overweight fines can be in the thousands of dollars; plus they will shut down the overweight rig right there on the spot. You're in the penalty box!!!

Boowho??
Old 04-05-2013, 01:03 PM   #10
2012 Solera

Boo - Have you re-weighed at a different place? Hard to believe you are that far over, given what you've said here... Water, of course, is a big adder - 800 pounds for 100 gallons, still hard to believe you could be 1800 pounds overweight.