Originally Posted by jmgllt
Checked GFI, trip them and reset them but didn't help. No tripped beakers. Was told I'd might be that I lost half of my transfer switch does this sound right.
If there are other outlets in your rig that are still hot, then no. It's not your transfer switch. If all outlets and other 120v appliances are dead (check the microwave display), then it's possible that you tripped the breaker out on the power pole you're plugged in to. That would be my next guess. If THAT isn't tripped, then it's possible you do have a faulty transfer switch.
If you have a built in genset you can kick that over and see if your 120v outlets get hot. If not, the next test you can try is to hit your battery disconnect. If the lights stay on with the battery disconnected, then it's not your transfer switch. If they go off, then it could be.
If they DO go off... before assuming it's the transfer switch... I would disconnect your rigs power cable (both ends) and inspect them for any burn marks or damage of any kind to ensure it's simply not just a power transfer issue. Then I would check the outlet you are plugged in to to ensure the outlet is receiving power.
If there is no discoloration or obvious damage, then plug both ends back in securely, reset all of your breakers (main breaker as well). If the problem is not resolved, THEN I would say it is probably your transfer switch.
To verify that, remove the power distribution panel and use a voltmeter to test the incoming power upstream of the transfer switch. If the incoming lines are hot, then you just confirmed you need a new switch.
Taking a step back.. if some of your 120v outlets ARE hot, then forget all of the above. LOL 9 times out of 10 it will either be a faulty breaker or GFI.