Old 10-27-2015, 09:53 AM   #31
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Update: Presently at FR Gaffney. After 2 1/2 hours in the shop yesterday, they "determined" that the TCM (transmission control module) is bad. They had to order one, suppose to be here today. The explanation is that if you don't wait for the system to come on when you insert the key, it will start, but if you wait for the normal sequence when you insert the key, it has trouble realizing that it is in neutral, and will not start. We will have to wait and see once they replace the TCM. Will keep everyone updated. Craig

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 09:59 AM   #32

Craig,
Did they get to work on your coach early? I thought that you weren't scheduled until the 28th.
Hope that after they replace the module that your issues is resolved.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 10:22 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
Update: Presently at FR Gaffney. After 2 1/2 hours in the shop yesterday, they "determined" that the TCM (transmission control module) is bad. They had to order one, suppose to be here today. The explanation is that if you don't wait for the system to come on when you insert the key, it will start, but if you wait for the normal sequence when you insert the key, it has trouble realizing that it is in neutral, and will not start. We will have to wait and see once they replace the TCM. Will keep everyone updated. Craig

Good news and certainly hope that's the fix. Did they warranty the part and labor?
Old 10-27-2015, 10:32 AM   #34
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Hi Tom, They got me in early 😃 on the standby list, yesterday afternoon. Got to keep my spot in their "campground". Waiting for the part to show up...
Hi Phil, Appears it is covered 👍😍! It is one of those military "don't ask, don't tell" things.... Like you new digs!!!!

Craig

Old 10-27-2015, 12:19 PM   #35

Craig
I hope that is the fix. Makes sense. Are you enjoying your visit to Gaffney. Did you take a plant tour while waiting. Pretty interesting. Good luck with the rest of your trip.
Marty

Old 10-27-2015, 12:23 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyGolub View Post
I have always started the engine prior to pulling up the jacks.

Me too..... I can also start it with the slides out; in fact I can even DRIVE it with the slides out (don't ask me how I know this!!). However, I can not MOVE the slides in or out unless the the ignitions in the off position.

Boowho??
Old 10-27-2015, 12:53 PM   #37

I too start on jacks then retract jacks

Old 10-27-2015, 05:19 PM   #38
2011 Berkshire 390BH

Engine Will Not Crank

Update - TCM (Transmission Control Module) to be replaced. It is located near the motor in the back. They get to it from underneath. The problem appeared to be that the TCM was not seeing a neutral start signal when the key was inserted into the ignition. My Freightliner warranty would have covered it, but I am over in years. My extended warranty was approved, and they will cover it. TCM is $800 something and the labor is 2 hours to replace and another 1 1/2 hours of diagnostics time. Freightliner Gaffney Service Center is great!! Will be back on the road tomorrow after spending 5 days here. Have never seen so many Honda CRV's being toad (lol). Hope this information helps someone else! Craig

Old 10-27-2015, 05:49 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
Update - TCM (Transmission Control Module) to be replaced. It is located near the motor in the back. They get to it from underneath. The problem appeared to be that the TCM was not seeing a neutral start signal when the key was inserted into the ignition. My Freightliner warranty would have covered it, but I am over in years. My extended warranty was approved, and they will cover it. TCM is $800 something and the labor is 2 hours to replace and another 1 1/2 hours of diagnostics time. Freightliner Gaffney Service Center is great!! Will be back on the road tomorrow after spending 5 days here. Have never seen so many Honda CRV's being toad (lol). Hope this information helps someone else! Craig

Hi Craig,

Do you have any idea what kind of sequence of events needs to be done to pull CRV 4 down ? I think that's what you pull, not sure if the new models are the same requirements as yours.

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:27 PM   #40

Craig,
So, I guess that you have started the coach several times and it is working properly? Happy to hear that the problem seems to be corrected and you will be back travelling again.
Hope to see you and Sharon again real soon.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote