Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-19-2014, 10:57 AM   #21

Not sure this is correct or makes sense. When you turn the coach off and auto level, you dump all your air before your jacks hit the ground so the clearance thing would effect you right there. Also, when your jacks are down the valve is closed to fill your air bags preventing them from filling up. Your tanks will build pressure and gauges go up when you start the coach but the airbags should not fill up. I start my coach all the time when the jacks are down and my bags do not fill up, just my tanks. Once I retract the jacks and the valve opens, then my air bags will fill up.

jason
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:07 AM   #22

Right I know what you are saying, just relaying what I was told. I am not sure on exactly what fills up but I can tell you that we can build air pressure now as opposed to before, and that is what is recommended, so I am happy with that I'll have to pay attention next time we fire up to see exactly what fills!
Sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 11:15 AM   #23

it sounds like both your valves were open, the one that dumps your airbags and the one that fills the bags. that would prevent the coach from building pressure since it is trying to fill your bags but the bags valve is open still trying to dump them.

jason
JTN8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 03:19 PM   #24

I guess that my understanding was incorrect. I thought the pressure in the reserve tanks would fill with jacks done ... but ... airbag suspension would not fill until the jacks are retracted. This was done in order to prevent the bags from over extending.

There must be something wrong with my unit ... will ask shop to check things out when I take it in to get winterized.

When I put my jacks down ... All air is dumped from my suspension. It never gets any lower and any other time.

When I press retract all with air brake pressure at high pressure shutoff. The MH lowers .. The jacks retract ... One air pressure guage immediately drops below 100lbs and then .... The suspensions fills to max.

Thank you for information was not aware that anything was wrong with my system ... will get it fixed ASAP

Tim
lefaivre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 07:53 PM   #25

Hey Tim, yes I would have it checked out I really think that judging from the comments a lot of people may not be aware of how these are supposed to work...my own dealer had no clue had no idea and neither did the tech at zfreghtliner until I pushed my point and trust me I am no expert but did enough research to know it should not work like it was...I suspect this is happening a lot more than we know! I would be happy to explain more in my lay mans terms but I do get how it is supposed to work!
Sylvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2014, 09:58 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefaivre View Post
I guess that my understanding was incorrect. I thought the pressure in the reserve tanks would fill with jacks done ... but ... airbag suspension would not fill until the jacks are retracted. This was done in order to prevent the bags from over extending.

There must be something wrong with my unit ... will ask shop to check things out when I take it in to get winterized.

When I put my jacks down ... All air is dumped from my suspension. It never gets any lower and any other time.

When I press retract all with air brake pressure at high pressure shutoff. The MH lowers .. The jacks retract ... One air pressure guage immediately drops below 100lbs and then .... The suspensions fills to max.

Thank you for information was not aware that anything was wrong with my system ... will get it fixed ASAP

Tim
I believe this is how mine works also.

Tags
equalizer, jacks