Old 09-08-2014, 12:40 PM   #1

Equalizer jacks will not allow air to build before retract all

Hi everyone, I am hoping someone can help before we go to the Freightliner dealer to get this checked out. In the Equalizer manual it says they recommend letting air pressure build up before hitting retract all on jacks. So here is what happens, we turn engine on, equalizer jacks immediately start beeping at us, the coach is building pressure but the jacks are letting the air out as fast as it is building, you can hear it. The only way is to hit the retract all but this is not recommended. I spoke to equalizer and they tell me it's nothing on their end. When we were at the factory Randy also said the same thing we should build up pressure first, might be a faulty valve? Anyone has any experience with this?

Old 09-08-2014, 02:27 PM   #2

Sounds like it is, as you mentioned, a faulty valve. I had the same problem on my '08 Berkshire where the air pressure would not build up and it turned out to be a bad valve. Call Freightliner and they can tell you which air line you can pinch off to allow the air pressure to build up and get the coach to Freightliner for repair.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 02:31 PM   #3

Thanks! We actually gave an appointment with Freightliner....just wanted to make sure that I not missing something before we go to Freightliner!
Old 09-08-2014, 03:42 PM   #4

Are you sure the release of air you are hearing is from the jacks and not the airbag suspension.

I could be wrong but it is my understanding that the equalizer jack are hydraulic and the suspension is air. I do not think that the airbags will fill until the jacks are fully retracted.

Tim
Old 09-08-2014, 06:45 PM   #5

Does the pressure on your air gauges go up?

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 09-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #6

Tim my bad in my explanation it is the air suspension as you stated the jacks are hydraulic...but the fact is it keeps letting the air out, my understanding is that it is supposed to let you build pressure before you hit the retract all, the valve should close as opposed to when you deploy the jacks it lets all the air out and at that time it should let the air out of the suspension...
Old 09-08-2014, 08:54 PM   #7

JTN8...no the gauges don't go up at all, it lets the air out as fast as it can build...
Old 09-08-2014, 10:44 PM   #8

Are you getting enough air pressure to release your ebrake. Is the low pressure alarm still going off.
Old 09-08-2014, 11:00 PM   #9

While you have the jacks down ... you should be able to start the engine ... Rev -up to 1200rpm. The air pressure on both gages should rise to about 130psi at which point you will hear the relief valve open.

Turn the engine off ... turn on jacks and hit retract all. Once all of the lights go out and you hear a beep ... it means all jacks are fully retracted.

Turn off jacks and start engine. At this point the suspension should start to fill. Once both pressure gages are up to cutoff ... suspension is filled and you are ready to go.

If you go through this process and low pressure alarms are still going off ... I would not drive MH and would call mobile service to check air system.

Tim
Old 09-09-2014, 08:33 PM   #10

I actually start the coach and hit the high idle button, turn the leveling power on and hit retract all, once they are retracted and you secure power, the coach will air up. You'll notice when you hit retract all it also dumps your air. I've done this since day one and never had an issue.

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Tags
equalizer, jacks