Old 10-11-2015, 05:03 PM   #1
Excellent dealers?

We are still newbies to the forum but not RVing. We have a 2008 Georgetown 350 DS. We bought it new and have had no real problems with it. We feel that this is a very good starter RV in the class A line. Ours is a bunk house model. It is now time to trade it in for an upgrade to a Berkshire XL 40 BH. We have looked around online and see there are Forest River dealers all across the county. We live in northern Wisconsin and our local FR dealer only handles towables but has welcomed me to bring any motor driven Fr to them for warranty. So it looks like that will be no problem if I need warranty work done.
So here is my question to all of the Berkshire owners. What dealer seller has given you the best service, sales price, and overall best experence in your Berkshire buying adventure? Thanks in advance for everyone's help.

Fkaske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:04 PM   #2
I looked at and Rv one for price etc and looks like they had better pricing. Anthem Rv here I phoenix got close enough for me so we bought from them and have had excellent service from them as well. We got the 400BH-60 and love it... I even get to sleep in bunks some times when kids crash with DW!

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

2014 400BH-60
jcowles3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 06:36 PM   #3
We bought ours from MHSRV in TX and felt like we got a great deal. They've followed through on the punch list items and even went above and beyond to fix our coach when the slide cable pulled away from the wall in the bunk slide.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
stephencamiolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 07:22 PM   #4
I live in Louisiana, I bought mine from Berryland Campers in Hammond, LA. I feel I got a great deal from them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2013 Berkshire 390BH
Campin Cajun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 08:49 PM   #5
On line you might try Terry Town in Grand Rapids Mi. I bought my 2011 from them and got a good price. As service is not an issue you are free to shop price. A nice position to be in.
Phil and Dianna
2011 Berkshire 390 RB
Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 07:26 AM   #6
Total Value RV in Elkhart is a great group to work with treat you like family.

15berkxl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 09:33 AM   #7
2011 Berkshire 390bh
We bought ours at the Buffalo RV branch of RVOne. They also have dealerships in Albany (NY), Tampa, Orlando, and Des Moines. We got a price that was way below what MHSRV and Lazy Days both gave us. A few special requests were made and they took care of us. No negatives from sales or subsequent service.
2011 Berkshire 390bh
wnytaxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 12:17 PM   #8
In 2011, we shopped locally and then went nationwide. Negotiated over the telephone (the best way) and got a commitment for selling price and my 2004 trade over the telephone from Lazydays in Florida. Drove 1,000 miles to pick up. Got 33% off MSRP (not including trade). Did this in this month, three years ago and at the end of the month. This is when you get the best deals.

One problem with this method is that your local FR dealer may not want to do your warranty repairs. Often cited is that FR 's max. hours for a repair often fall short for what the dealer needs. This however only lasts for a year, while the cabin is in warranty.
Gale & Hank- 2012 Berkshire 390BH
I-RV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 08:22 AM   #9
We had an 09 Georgetown 350TS and upgraded to a Berkshire 38A. Purchased from MHSRV and got a great deal. I negotiated over the telephone and drove to Dallas from Nashville to pick it up. Good luck in your search.
secfan90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 01:49 PM   #10
We bought from MHSRV got a great deal but terrible/no service on my punch list. I ended up doing most of the things myself and repairing a botched repair on the leveling system. They just stuffed a wire back in the plug I had to troubleshoot and repair properly also they refused to take care of corrosion in the battery compartment that I had to correct myself.

2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote