Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #1

Executive HTS 1000 entertainment system help

Hey guys, my remote gave up the ghost for whatever reason and looking for another remote. I know some guys here have swapped out their "Executive" system for something else. I don't want to change it out yet as it's still working, so looking to buy a remote from someone.....or I guess the whole system as it isn't much good without the remote. Obviously don't want to pay more than what I could buy a new system for as I just need the remote. Anyone have one they'll part with for a case of beer or something Send me a PM. Thanks guys.

James
speedmerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmerchant View Post
Hey guys, my remote gave up the ghost for whatever reason and looking for another remote. I know some guys here have swapped out their "Executive" system for something else. I don't want to change it out yet as it's still working, so looking to buy a remote from someone.....or I guess the whole system as it isn't much good without the remote. Obviously don't want to pay more than what I could buy a new system for as I just need the remote. Anyone have one they'll part with for a case of beer or something Send me a PM. Thanks guys.

James
If you're somewhat computer literate, look around for a USED Pronto unit (made by Phillips in the Netherlands). I say used because they are VERY expensive new. I say computer literate, because you have to program the Pronto via your PC.

The Pronto is probably THE ultimate all-in-one remote. You should NEVER outgrow it. DW loves it because you can (for example) turn everything off/on with a single button.

Also, with only ONE button (again, for example) you can set up ALL individual pieces of your gear(like TV, surround sound, etc) to watch a movie, watch TV over satellite, watch TV OTA, etc, etc.... No need to have 5 remotes laying around.

May be fancier than what you want, both from a $$$ standpoint and a "techy" standpoint.

You might be able to find one for $100-200 used; new they were right at $1000.

Good Lick

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:48 PM   #3

Pronto is no longer made, and I don't think he could get the programming software even if he found one. (I do have one that I'm still nursing along.)

Look at Logitech Harmony remotes.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 07:16 AM   #4

Get a paper lip and touch it to both battery terminals, sometimes this resets a remote. I had a remote stop working on a Harmon-Kardon home theater and they told me to try it and it works, I've done on other remotes.
mcomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 11:03 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Pronto is no longer made, and I don't think he could get the programming software even if he found one. (I do have one that I'm still nursing along.)

Look at Logitech Harmony remotes.
Barry.....

The Logitech Harmony (IMHO) is probably the next best solution for a dedicated approach. Only problem is that you have to be connected to the internet to program the dern thing.

There ARE used Prontos around; from what I gather the prices for used ones actually went UP when they quit making them. The device is just so good that many people STILL want them.

OTOH, you may want to look at an Android App called Irule when your Pronto finally poops out. It's basically a Pronto-like device implemented in software and runs on any Android tablet. It only operates on WIFI, unless your tablet is equipped with infrared capabilities.

Until all video/audio devices manufactured get converted from Infrared to WIFI (probably a year or two yet), you can buy a WIFI to infrared adapter.

I'll be moving over to IRule myself within the next year or so.

The Pronto software for programming is still on the internet (for free), BTW.

Best Regards

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote