Old 10-22-2015, 08:04 PM   #21

Way does BE before the model number mean?

Old 10-22-2015, 09:24 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Way does BE before the model number mean?
Maybe abbreviation for BErkshire .

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:40 PM   #23

Joe I think you are correct. Mine has a BE before the model also. Mine doesn't list any info where the tag tire info is listed.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:43 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
Joe I think you are correct.

Think I heard the same thing from my wife once !!

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 12:13 AM   #25

More Tire labels
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1445573161623.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	92554   Click image for larger version

Name:	1445573625372.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	92556  
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 08:58 AM   #26

Places to Stay 11/8

Not sure what route you are taking to get to Elkhart ( I live in Mishawaka--about 12 miles from the FR factory). If you're up for a "WalMart night" there is one located on the US 20 Bypass near a Lowe's. About 15 minutes form there to FR factory. The two KOA's --one in Granger and one in Middlebury--will be closed. The only campground I know of anywhere near FR is on the north side of Elkhart on County Road 4. Think the name is Elkhart RV Campground. Not a bad place for just a night or two. Next to Total Value--big RV dealer and GREAT dealership. I believe they are open until 11/15. It would be a 20 minute drive to the south side of Elkhart and FR. Hope that helps but if you do have any further questions about the area, please let me know.
Old 10-23-2015, 09:48 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by osu65bob View Post
Not sure what route you are taking to get to Elkhart ( I live in Mishawaka--about 12 miles from the FR factory). If you're up for a "WalMart night" there is one located on the US 20 Bypass near a Lowe's. About 15 minutes form there to FR factory. The two KOA's --one in Granger and one in Middlebury--will be closed. The only campground I know of anywhere near FR is on the north side of Elkhart on County Road 4. Think the name is Elkhart RV Campground. Not a bad place for just a night or two. Next to Total Value--big RV dealer and GREAT dealership. I believe they are open until 11/15. It would be a 20 minute drive to the south side of Elkhart and FR. Hope that helps but if you do have any further questions about the area, please let me know.

Thanks for the info. This is my main issue with this ordeal. I live in Madison, MS which is 12hrs from Elkhart and 9hrs from Gaffney. They said I have to bring it in because they have had problems trying to do the upgrade locally. Gaffney can't do it until December and I don't want to wait that long. I am a little concerned driving north in the fall/winter, but unless I go to Gaffney during Christmas this is my only option.

It is time for an oil change. Maybe I can get them to do that for my trouble of driving 24hrs.
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 09:51 AM   #28

Badmann we have stayed several times in the parking lot at the factory. It's nothing fancy just a parking lot but as we have everything we need to dry camp who cares? It's safe and fairly quite. Just pull up to the left of the gate straight in and unhook the toad. Lots to do in the area and we have always enjoyed or stay.
Old 10-23-2015, 10:32 AM   #29

IF you believe the weather people ( Accuweather) the long range forecast is for high's in the upper 50's and low's around 30-38 for the week you'd be here. I should warn you that having lived here for 33 years, that forecast could go out the window fast if we get a Canadian cold front comes through here. Understand your dilemma. If you're a gambling sort of guy--I'd head to Elkhart and then make sure you get out of here as soon as you can!
Phil is correct by the way--FR parking lot is just fine--as matter of fact--headed there in about 2 hours for some minor work.
Old 10-24-2015, 11:46 AM   #30

I believe the Elkhart County 4H Fairgrounds campground is open year round. It's where FR holds the international rally in August and has full hookup sites. It's around 30 minutes from the FR plant. Another alternative is the Coachman plant in Middleburry, around 45 min from the FR plant. The Coachman plant site has water and electric hookups with a dump station available 100' from the sites. You'll need to "sign in" at the admin building across the street when using the campground. Any of the guards there will direct you if you ask.

Phil

Tags
390bh