Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2015, 07:18 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
baddmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 153
Finally weighed my coach (390BH-60)...

2013 390BH-60. 255 tires and 10,500 front/19,000 rear. With modest gear, 1/2 tank of fuel, and full water I am 100lbs over on front. My stickers are all over the place. Door sticker says "Combined weight of occupant and cargo should never exceed 16,702lbs" and my tire stickers have different tire sizes.

So, I have an appointment at Elkhart on Nov 9 for airbags and tires.

Randy has been excellent to deal with and reaffirms my decision to purchase this coach.

Any recommendations on where to overnight that Sunday night? Randy said I can park at the west end of their lot, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions.
__________________

__________________
Brian and Kelly
2016 Entegra Anthem 44B
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:30 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
I-RV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
Posts: 1,024
Great going! Your front axle will be certified at 12,000lbs and the new tires will allow lower tire pressures, a softer ride and greater safety. Good Luck - Hank
__________________

__________________
Gale & Hank- 2012 Berkshire 390BH
I-RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:37 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
deebarjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: central arizona
Posts: 191
Finally weighed my coach (390BH-60)...YOUR coach? ... but you actually haven't bought it yet....and...
Randy has been excellent to deal with and reaffirms my decision to purchase this coach.....
very odd behaviour for a salesman....why do they say such things i wonder.
tires and airbags ..... is this your first coach?
__________________
2008 F250 6.4 diesel with 50 gal aux tank towing a 2015 Rockwood 2109s Minilite.
2015 Miles and nights
10040/31
2016 miles and nights
feb. 380/7......march 540/3
deebarjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:40 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Easley, South Carolina
Posts: 659
Good deal !!
__________________
Joe & Lori

2014 Berkshire 390 RB-40
5456Mich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:43 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
baddmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by deebarjay View Post
Finally weighed my coach (390BH-60)...YOUR coach? ... but you actually haven't bought it yet....and...
Randy has been excellent to deal with and reaffirms my decision to purchase this coach.....
very odd behaviour for a salesman....why do they say such things i wonder.
tires and airbags ..... is this your first coach?
What? I think you have me confused with someone else. I bought it in April of 2014 and have put over 16,000 miles on it.

Also, Randy is the manager of the Forest River Diesel warranty department.

If you do a search on the forum there are several threads that deal with weight issues. Most of them deal with 390RBs, but I decided to check out my 390BH anyway.
__________________
Brian and Kelly
2016 Entegra Anthem 44B
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:17 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
silver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 763
I never heard of a 360 HP having a weight problem. Did you mean to type 390BH-40?
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:25 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
deebarjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: central arizona
Posts: 191
Randy has been excellent to deal with and reaffirms my decision to purchase this coach.....

how could i have possibly got this out of context.....my bad....sorry pal.
__________________
2008 F250 6.4 diesel with 50 gal aux tank towing a 2015 Rockwood 2109s Minilite.
2015 Miles and nights
10040/31
2016 miles and nights
feb. 380/7......march 540/3
deebarjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:53 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
baddmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
I never heard of a 360 HP having a weight problem. Did you mean to type 390BH-40?
No. I have a 360. The front axle/bags and tires are the same on both 340 and 360. (The rear has a higher weight rating and trans is rated higher.) After doing a lot of research, I decided to weigh my coach and I am overweight on my front axle. Based on the CAT scales, I am only over by 100lbs, but if I add my wife, some provisions, and full fuel I would be way over. (that sounds bad. My wife would only add 100lbs)

I have a 2013. Starting in 2014, they went to 275s and 12,000 bags. If you have an earlier coach with 255s (2011-2013?) you probably need to get it weighed.
__________________
Brian and Kelly
2016 Entegra Anthem 44B
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:27 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver View Post
I never heard of a 360 HP having a weight problem. Did you mean to type 390BH-40?

Silver remember the 360's came with 255 tires before 2014. I believe some 2014's early also have 255's and could be an issue.



Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 09:36 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddmann View Post
No. I have a 360. The front axle/bags and tires are the same on both 340 and 360. (The rear has a higher weight rating and trans is rated higher.) After doing a lot of research, I decided to weigh my coach and I am overweight on my front axle. Based on the CAT scales, I am only over by 100lbs, but if I add my wife, some provisions, and full fuel I would be way over. (that sounds bad. My wife would only add 100lbs)

I have a 2013. Starting in 2014, they went to 275s and 12,000 bags. If you have an earlier coach with 255s (2011-2013?) you probably need to get it weighed.

I would add that if you have a RV you should get it weighed. Also if you are thinking of buying an RV of any kind weigh it BEFORE you buy it.
Most models besides the RB are ok but some BH's have the issue.
Even if you have an 08 this tire and airbag upgrade is available to you. At you cost of course but say you have a 2008 or 09 and are not over weight but over time all the stuff you collect you might be close. This upgrade when you need tires might be a good idea. I don't think the air bags are that much to replace so why not do it when you need tires. It made a world of difference in how mine handles.



Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 10:11 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
silver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 763
Learn something new every day. I did not realize the early 360 HP and 340 HP had the same air bags.

I agree with Phil. While I am within my weight limit I did upgrade my tires this spring and when the air bags require change I will upgrade them.

Personally I question how wise it is to build these large coaches on the small 340 HP chassis. Maybe they should be restricted to 36 foot and below coaches. Owners new to this hobby or motorhomes do not understand weight issues and depend on the manufactures to build adequate coaches. Forest River is not the only manufacture building large coaches on these chassis. It is ashamed to find out after you make such a large purchase that your rig cannot carry the minimum items needed to enjoy camping.

Fortunately my 2008 does not have all the weight items the newer coaches have so I can carry a fairly large pay load. At least enough for my needs.
silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 11:48 AM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Home is where I park it
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddmann View Post
2013 390BH-60. 255 tires and 10,500 front/19,000 rear. With modest gear, 1/2 tank of fuel, and full water I am 100lbs over on front. My stickers are all over the place. Door sticker says "Combined weight of occupant and cargo should never exceed 16,702lbs" and my tire stickers have different tire sizes.

So, I have an appointment at Elkhart on Nov 9 for airbags and tires.

Randy has been excellent to deal with and reaffirms my decision to purchase this coach.

Any recommendations on where to overnight that Sunday night? Randy said I can park at the west end of their lot, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions.
I suspect it's a typo; but does your yellow sticker actually specify a weight of over 16K lbs for occupants and cargo? If so, FR needs to get a new computer to print the yellow labels.

Or am I missing something??

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:19 PM   #13
Fulltime family RVer
 
ependydad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 19,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddmann View Post
Any recommendations on where to overnight that Sunday night? Randy said I can park at the west end of their lot, but I was wondering if anyone had any other suggestions.
We stayed at Elkhart Campground. They have a bunch of pull-through spots that are easy to park and the services were fine. We actually stayed there on 2 separate occasions.
ependydad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:46 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
jegstrup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Divide CO
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
I suspect it's a typo; but does your yellow sticker actually specify a weight of over 16K lbs for occupants and cargo? If so, FR needs to get a new computer to print the yellow labels.

Or am I missing something??

Boowho??

That 16000 lbs of cargo made me do a double take too! I read it about 4 times because I thought I was misunderstanding it.


2012 Forest River Berkshire 390FL
2013 Hyundai Veloster
jegstrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:56 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
baddmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
We stayed at Elkhart Campground. They have a bunch of pull-through spots that are easy to park and the services were fine. We actually stayed there on 2 separate occasions.
Excellent. I will probably book a site here.

Thanks!
__________________
Brian and Kelly
2016 Entegra Anthem 44B
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 04:03 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
baddmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
I suspect it's a typo; but does your yellow sticker actually specify a weight of over 16K lbs for occupants and cargo? If so, FR needs to get a new computer to print the yellow labels.

Or am I missing something??

Boowho??
Here are my tire and door stickers:


__________________
Brian and Kelly
2016 Entegra Anthem 44B
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:32 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
jegstrup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Divide CO
Posts: 186
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddmann View Post
Here are my tire and door stickers:






I'm starting to see what everybody says don't trust that sticker


2012 Forest River Berkshire 390FL
2013 Hyundai Veloster
jegstrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:36 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Home is where I park it
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddmann View Post
Here are my tire and door stickers:


Holy crap!!!! And I thought mine was badly inflated!!

And I notice they don't put the dry weight nor the FR vin number on there anymore.

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 05:50 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: West Michigan/Fort Myers
Posts: 3,927
What the hell is the deal with your info? It is listing 275 tires but you have 255? I believe that's a sticker for a Charleston as it lists a tag Axle. They must have weighed them and got the stickers mixed up. Was that even your vin number?



Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:30 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
baddmann's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Madison, MS
Posts: 153
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
What the hell is the deal with your info? It is listing 275 tires but you have 255? I believe that's a sticker for a Charleston as it lists a tag Axle. They must have weighed them and got the stickers mixed up. Was that even your vin number?
I thought that also, but if you look on the right side, the "interim" tire line doesn't have a check in the box.

I have 4 stickers that list tire size. Only 1 says 255. I'll post the rest when I can.

And yes. All the VIN numbers are correct.
__________________

__________________
Brian and Kelly
2016 Entegra Anthem 44B
2013 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
baddmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
390bh

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:14 AM.


×