Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2014, 11:36 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
Ok. I will say it!!! The only good snake is a dead snake.
A couple years ago my dogs killed a 39" copper head(yes, they get that big in Arkansas)...not before it bit 2 of them.
Please say the 2 dogs made it.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by ernest917 View Post
My wife and I both have been bitten by Copperheads.... Nasty little snake .... BUT a snake bite will move you to the front of the line at the emergency room as I found out....
Never been bit, but have been chased by cottonmouths twice. Once in Texas in a canoe, and the other in Florida while putting the boat in a river.
Old 05-17-2014, 11:46 AM   #23

Yeah 4 vipers. More people are bitten by copperheads cause they are docile...they almost don't move till you put your hand on them or step real close..or repetitious movement near them....or be a dog and try to bite them to death. Cottonmouths are ferocious..some will literally chase you...if they feel threatened.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:52 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by alparmer View Post
Please say the 2 dogs made it.

One did. I didn't know it till the evening after work. I have a golden mix...his face swole-up like a mastiff or something. I had a jack-rat..about 10lbs....she didn't. I took them to the emergency vet...the only thing they could do was give antibiotics. At the time, we weren't sure what kind of snake it was and it had been hours. I didn't find it till the next day. 39 inches...most people say I was lying cause they don't get that big...bs. I got a picture somewhere beside a tape measure.
born in Texas.... live in Arkansas
Iwannacamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:45 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwannacamp View Post
One did. I didn't know it till the evening after work. I have a golden mix...his face swole-up like a mastiff or something. I had a jack-rat..about 10lbs....she didn't. I took them to the emergency vet...the only thing they could do was give antibiotics. At the time, we weren't sure what kind of snake it was and it had been hours. I didn't find it till the next day. 39 inches...most people say I was lying cause they don't get that big...bs. I got a picture somewhere beside a tape measure.
I heard a news report awhile back that if a dog was snake-bit it would cost about $2500 to save it's life; but a human bitten would cost $100K to save his/her life (true story.... the report).

SO...... I told the DW that if I was ever bitten, just take me to a vet!!!

Boowho??
boowho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:53 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by boowho View Post
I heard a news report awhile back that if a dog was snake-bit it would cost about $2500 to save it's life; but a human bitten would cost $100K to save his/her life (true story.... the report).

SO...... I told the DW that if I was ever bitten, just take me to a vet!!!

Boowho??
Boo- Very funny!! Love it! When I was working, the life insurance policy that the bank provided said that if I died while at work, they policy paid triple the value, $300k at the time. I told my wife that if I died to take me into the office and sit me at my desk then call the ambulance! (LOL!)
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #27

Craig, all those snakes you mentioned like Yankees. They taste like chicken! LOL
frankatp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 01:40 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchief View Post
Ernest, What kinds of snake you all got in Texas?? I just have small non-poisonous snake here!! Do I need to bring "snake boots" when I come to the Texas FROG Rally in October??? Regards, Craig
LOL Lived in Texas myself as a kid...other than Coral snakes, every other poisonous snake found in the USA is found in Texas LOL.

How many? This should give you a clue:
Sweetwater Rattlesnake Roundup

Yes, I've been, and YES I has eaten me some rattler (tastes like chicken" )
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:12 PM   #29

I lived in Austin for eight years and tried rattle snake. Tough and not real good. By the way what do you call a Yankee after he has lived in Texas for six months?.........Boss. Lol

Phil57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 02:20 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil57 View Post
I lived in Austin for eight years and tried rattle snake. Tough and not real good. By the way what do you call a Yankee after he has lived in Texas for six months?.........Boss. Lol
Yankee? Get a Rope. LOL
Old 05-24-2014, 06:30 AM   #31

Hey Earnest, step lively because they seem to be on the move this week as it warms up. Had a water snake about 2 1/2 feet long stretched out in the driveway last evening. I got the this-is-why-i-hate-you-guys-leaving-the-garage-door-open dissertations. Feisty rascals. Hope the raccoons enjoyed it.
Gottawonder is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
first time