Old 04-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #11

That doesn't sound like the forest river I have dealt with. I special ordered my 2014 390BH and my bunk doors are actually pretty solid. I wonder if they changed them on the 400BH. I did notice a lot of differences in the quality of things between the 400's and 390's and it made me quite happy I got the 390! The price went up with the 400 but quality dropped. And my 14 is on the upgraded chassis, air bags and tires. Assuming they spent more on the new windows and some other things so scimped on others.

I used mine from July to December and made a nice long list of things I needed fixed. I dropped it off at a dealership close to me and all of the work got approved by forest river. They even had to repaint some of my coach because of blemish spots. All of my list was approved immediately with no issues. Sounds weird they would make a comment like that. Hopefully they take care of you the right way and get your coach squared away for you.

Old 04-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #12

I have found when dealing with striped out screws in cabinet doors the best way to repair it is glue a tooth pick inside the striped out hole and once the glue dries cut the tooth pick off flush and then you can reinstall the screw and it will have something to hold on to. you can also add a little glue to the screw and then it would never come out again.

Old 04-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #13

My bunk doors are also solid. I have had screws back out a little but I was able to tighten them back up. I am thinking of taking them completely off and storing them. I really see no need for them and when left open are kind of in the way of the door to master bedroom.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:36 PM   #14
Cyclone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campin Cajun View Post
My bunk doors are also solid. I have had screws back out a little but I was able to tighten them back up. I am thinking of taking them completely off and storing them. I really see no need for them and when left open are kind of in the way of the door to master bedroom.
I took mine off before the first trip, track and everything. It has worked well for us. But i will say, when moving one to storage, one literally came apart at the vertical seam. So, though it seemed solid when installed, it really wasn't.

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Forest River Forums mobile app

Camping nights: 2015 - 19, 2014 - 39, 2013 - 48
beipers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:54 AM   #15

Great idea with the glue and tooth picks. Just don't know if the thin paneling will be enough to hold it together. I may just take doors off too.

On another note. We found 2 cracked tiles. One in bathroom and one at base of fridge. Not spider web cracks but straight line crack all the across the tile. Not bade night to replace but If it's start to branch out then I will replace then.

Also, my wife noticed that the dinette slide is scratching the tile. Screw heads hitting tile when slide operates?

I will take this up with fr. I paid to much to have the slides ruin the food each time I use the slides.

Getting a little frustrated at this point.
grt1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:33 AM   #16

Check to see if there is debris on the floor by the slide. I had a stone in the white plastic glides. It was trapped under the plastic and scratched my floor. I had Randy look at it but we both decided that it was better scratched than replacing with the mismatched tile that came from their supplier. We never notice the scratch.
Old 04-25-2014, 08:54 AM   #17

My DW came unglued when our floors got damaged, dealership had a choice. Either change the floors free of charge or deal with my DW. They changed the floors, I was actually amazed how the tile and the grout matched perfectly.
Old 04-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #18

I was lucky I coughs the problem before it got to bad. This is the scratch and the place I found the stone. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1398430968.797508.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	50897Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1398431001.276585.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	50898
Old 04-25-2014, 09:08 AM   #19

There are 3 places were scratches are developing. I'm going to check out that white plastic and see what's under it. Maybe one of those mystery screws that fell out of something is between the white plastic and the tile. Lol.

Thanks for the pics and the ideas guys.
grt1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 11:32 AM   #20
Future Berkshire Owner

I had 2 spots where the bolts were rubbing on the tile during sliding in/out. I My dealer made a couple adjustments and they stopped. The marks rubbed out with a sponge, I believe.

I also had a cracked tile, but the replacement was a slightly different color (same 'color' from FR, unable to get exact color match). It was pretty obvious, so I had that removed, and some others removed to create a sort of cross pattern in two locations. The new tiles are dark brown for stark contrast and the finished repair added some customization and interest to the floor.

FR should put a few tiles in the under storage of every new unit with tile in it.

Tags