Old 04-22-2014, 06:51 PM   #1

First trip in my 2014 400bh and only 1 issue

Went to Texas (1100 miles one way)to meet with my father, sister and brother for a camping trip. My dad used to take the family on many camping trips growing up. he's now 75 and we haven't all gotten together on a camping trip in 25 or more years.
we all have our own campers and we had a great Easter weekend.

Ok, now the issue. lost my tankless heater cover and have no idea were to get a new one. anyone have any experience with this?

Also I found out way they call the first trip a shakedown trip. I had at least 5 screws randomly show up on the floor of the rv. one light fixture came down in the dinette, 2 screws came off the bunk doors and the other screws are a mystery. One looks important, its about 3 inches long and is a machine screw with a allen head. the others are just 1' wood screws. Any ideas on the machine screw?

Glenn

grt1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:01 PM   #2

For the water heater door, call randy at forest river and he'll get you with the parts guy and get you another one.

As for the screw, if it was by you front door, check all of the screws there, one of mine came out also. If not there, may be one of the slide out screws...

Jason

Old 04-22-2014, 07:11 PM   #3

thanks Jason, do you know were I can get Randy's number?

It must be slide out screw, I will look around in for something in one of the slides. I would think it was either the kitchen or the bunk area because I found it by the bunk area.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:16 PM   #4

Could be a screw from one of the flat screen tv's. I think it is the type that holds the tv to the mount. I found one on the shelf under my mid-ship tv.

Randy's email is- RHouser@forestriverinc.com
Tom

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #5

Forest river parts number for the diesel division is 574-522-1747 and Randy Houser's direct number is 574-522-1583. I have talked to Randy many times and he is always willing to help or get someone on the line that can. Great people working for forest river I must say!!

Jason
Old 04-22-2014, 08:44 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmmar View Post
Could be a screw from one of the flat screen tv's. I think it is the type that holds the tv to the mount. I found one on the shelf under my mid-ship tv.

Randy's email is- RHouser@forestriverinc.com
Tom
Also could be simply "leftover" screws that were missed in the final "cleanup" of the coach before it left the factory. I've found several in the last year that I'm almost certain fall into that category.

Boowho??
Old 04-22-2014, 08:59 PM   #7

Bummer! Love our 400bh and are fixing our 'shake down' period. Enjoy
Old 04-23-2014, 10:40 AM   #8

Andy Thompson handles the parts and his email is athompson@forestriverinc.com

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:23 PM   #9

That's not all that bad for the first shake down. Was the water heater door not installed correctly? You might be able to get that free if you go through your dealership. I also had a few screws come loose, not a major deal. Check under your slides for loose screws. I had one get under my carpet and wound up gouging my porcelain floors.
Old 04-23-2014, 10:20 PM   #10

Randy referred me to Isaac in parts and they sent me a white water heater cover. I have to have it painted to match. The cover cost about $25 so it's no big deal.

I can't prove that the cover wasn't put on right so I didn't make a big deal out if it.

I am disappointed in the poor quality of the doors on the bunks. The wood thickness were the screws go into the door slides is just really thin paneling and doesn't take much for them to willow out the holes and fall out. I'm going to have to drill threw the hollow core doors And use bolts and nuts to try to keep the door mounted on the door slides. It's going to look like crap but what other option do I have.

I strongly recommend that you keep those screws tight so they don't get loose and wobble out the holes and make then unusable.

FR just said, oh well, it's a house on wheels, what do you expect. Not the answer I was looking for.

Tags