Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #21

Kq2n, ditto!
Kia Sportage on MasterTow Dolly
sherman12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:07 PM   #22

update from Buffalo RV on the warranty repairs, windshield replaced, front half of coach repainted, driverside window arrived to be replaced, passengerside screen special order custom made to fit, waiting for color matching caulk to re-caulk the back splash and counter in the kitchen. Two cargo doors adjusted to close correctly. So far so good,been awhile but i'm not using the coach, i told them to keep it until they are done. It is only going into the barn for the winter.

3rd generation Disabled Veteran, oldest son is 4th Generation Disabled Veteran...its a family tradition.
Scokat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 08:52 AM   #23

Scokat, How have you remained sooo patient with so many major issue needing to be addressed on a brand new 200K plus rig? I would of demanded my money back!
Old 12-16-2012, 02:16 PM   #24
2013 Berkshire 390 BH-60

My new 390BH-60 is being shipped to Buffalo RV next week, hopefully they will find and fix any issues before I take delivery of it.
Jersey Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 04:22 PM   #25
2011 Berkshire 390BH

That has not been my experience with them. They prep the unit for delivery and your "walk through". I had to make a list of issues when I took delivery, they note them, and then they are fixed under warranty. Sometimes they need to get parts from the factory. Also some issues are not noticed until you have had the unit for a while, after shake down "cruise". On this forum, I have not found anyone who has not had some issues, minor or major, with their new units. It seems to be just part of the process. Good luck with you new unit. I have found Buffalo RV to be very responsive to problems. You sometimes need to follow up with them when they order parts, as they sometimes get closed out for whatever reason, without you getting them.

Finally completed all State visits in August 2011 with a trip to North Dakota.
Superchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 09:56 AM   #26

Buffalo RV will go over the rig upon delivery and fix some things they find, but as Superchief stated they will let you discover most, if any, issues needing to be addressed and then address on a schedule to get everthing right. I do believe they try extremely hard to please you. The parts and maintenance manager, Bill Popielinski is a very earnest hard working guy that will do whatever it takes to get your coach right. As a dealership I believe Bflo. RV does do things different and more above board than what I have heard about or experienced with other dearlers.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:40 AM   #27
2011 Berkshire 390bh

As we complain about the minor issues we all have had with our rigs, we can just be thankful that we didn't buy some other brands out there. I've read enough horror stories about people buying $400,000 and $500,000 rigs and then having to truck off to Red Bay, Alabama to fix major problems like slides that are out of whack, roof and sidewall cracks, and rotting wet bays. I'll take my Berkshire any old day of the week.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:06 PM   #28

I agree, Buffalo RV has been above board on everything. I took delivery in july, discrepancies were noticed, we agreed with them, they had to order parts so they said go use the unit for the summer, find other issues bring it in when your done for the season and we will fix them all. I told them about a whistle when I drove the unit. I got a call from Bill the other day just to update me. He advised they found an air bubble in the hydraulic line keeping the slides from closing completely, they bled the lines, fixed the problem and are only waiting for one more part and service is done. easy and simple.

3rd generation Disabled Veteran, oldest son is 4th Generation Disabled Veteran...its a family tradition.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:05 AM   #29
2013 Berkshire 390 BH-60

If you notice my nickname, I live in NJ, so any issues for me to take it back to Buffalo would be a major inconvenience. That is why I would hope they find anything prior to my taking possession of it.
Jersey Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 08:44 AM   #30

Lets all just take it easy on the bills smack talk. I would rather go Ralph and watch my bills lose by 60 points then jump on the pats wagon. GO BILLS!!

Born and raised in good old buffalo, ny. Wouldn't change that for anything. Even if we pull anchor for the AFC East every year.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #31

Smitty, If the Bills don't make some off season moves, i.e. fire the coach and gm and start all over they will need your support from SC because it sure isn't going to come from WNY'ers. Russ Brandon, CEO was on the radio today saying we need continuity to succeed, using Indy with Bill Polian as an example! Most believe that the Bills have upgraded their talent but they are worse than ever.
Sorry to get off topic of the thread.

Merry Christmas to All!!!!!!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:34 PM   #32

Finally got the coach back and she is tucked away in the barn. They fixed or replaced everything except the caulk in the kitchen. I told bill the service manager to send it to me when it comes in and i'll re caulk it rather than having the unit sit it the parking lot out in the weather. They had to replace the driver side window, which meant taking down the upper cabinets, and part of the dash. We walked through with brandon and found a screw in the headlight(probably from the factory, we never noticed it before). After getting home we found the following. chipped screw holes on the valance they removed, fingerprints(glue or caulk) on the wallpaper, and a slice in the dash. I'm going to try and call Bill the service manager and see if anything can be done.

Old 01-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #33

Skocat, your patience is amazing. I know Bill is a great guy and I'm sure he'll do what ever is in his power to get it right, but wow!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #34
2011 Berkshire 390bh

Scokat, how are you making out with your latest issues? Are things getting resolved?

BTW, where oh where are our Patriots fans today? I think there may be more than a few tears in their beer today!
Old 01-21-2013, 04:58 PM   #35

I have found that most pats fans get pretty quiet in a situation like this. Unfortunately nothing makes me happier than watching them get slapped around while throwing away a chance at the superbowl. It's like christmas all over again.

Look at it this way, Brady can now get back to his off-season modeling career. I've been waiting for my new Uggs catalog, should be any day now...
Old 01-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #36

I just spoke with Bill, the service manager. I emailed him the pictures and explained I would appreciate any assistance he could give to my issues. He assured me the issues would be taken care of. He was checking to see about sending a mobile cleaning crew to clean the prints and have the dash repair completed at my house. I still have pending warranty repairs, so the other valance issues would get repaired at that time. He was extremely helpful, and from this whole experience he and the dealership have earned all my future business. A++