Old 08-31-2016, 10:20 PM   #1

Florida Grand Motor coach Resort

I am making plans to go to Florida Grand Motor coach Resort in Webster Florida for Dec-March. Has anyone been there and if so, how is it? Nothing I hate worst then getting some place and not liking it.

Towing a 2014 Ford Fiesta SE
moontrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:35 AM   #2

We've never been there but was told the manager, who also manages Wilderness in Silver Springs, the park is pretty isolated. Not much around to do or shop. Now that was the winter of 2015/16.

Old 09-01-2016, 11:06 AM   #3
Citrus County, Fl.

I live about 40 miles from there and used to work all over that area. You are about 10 miles from a Super Walmart, 20 miles from The Villages where you can find pretty much anything and 28 from Leesburg so at most it is a half hour drive since it is all country roads.

Hayseed cafe is a great buffet to eat at and the Webster Flea Market is open on Mondays. Both of these are just a few minutes away.

You also will be less than 15 minutes to I-75 and not much more to the Florida Turnpike if you want to head to Clermont to shop or go to Orlando
99 Terry 31G
GL1800Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 09:58 PM   #4

Mite check out MotorCoachResortPortStLucieWest.virtually,all the shopping,restaurants you can ask for within 1 or two miles from resort.
Old 09-02-2016, 01:03 PM   #5

20 miles away is The Villages Florida. It is a wonderful retirement community with 90 miles of golf cart track! You can get to every place within the Villages by Golf Cart. Although, even though there are 50,000 golf carts in the Villages, there are only 16,000 golfers there! 2/3 of the golf carts NEVER touch a golf coarse! The story goes that the community was started by a couple of seniors that could no longer qualify for a driver's license.... so they came up with a golf cart community! Some of the custom golf carts you will see are a "vintage Mustang" a "57 Chevy" a "Cadillac Escalade" even a "vintage Fire Truck"! CBS Morning Edition even did a story on the Villages Precision Golf Cart Drill Team! Google it! Any trip to that area surly warrants a sightseeing tour of the Villages! You will love it!!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:04 AM   #6

This was a question about Florida Grand Motor Coach Resort, not about the Villages.
Towing a 2014 Ford Fiesta SE
moontrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by moontrain View Post
This was a question about Florida Grand Motor Coach Resort, not about the Villages.

Well the Villages is 20 miles away and it sounds like that is the closest are for shopping and dining out. So it is kinda part of the answer to your post. Sorry if it got more interesting than you wanted.
Old 09-06-2016, 10:30 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by moontrain View Post
Sorry, my response was more about "what to do while in area". So to answer your question: I have never been to the Florida Grand Motor Coach Resort so I can't help you. Sorry for the confusion.
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 07:03 PM   #9

Ron, you have the right idea to ask trusted FR forum members. Other ways that I grade campgrounds is to use........

RV Park Reviews - Trusted Reviews of Campgrounds & RV Parks

I also view the campground's website for pictures, amenities, costs, rules (like is pets allowed) and cancellation policy. I look to see what Good Sams graded the park as and have even gone to space to see what it looks like from Google Earth.
Hank