Old 10-31-2015, 08:35 PM   #21
7 Year Class A RV'er

LED's are definitely polarity sensitive and are extremely sensitive to good grounding. Get a couple of pieces of wire and touch the lights directly to a battery. If no light, reverse the wires. Still no light means bad lights. Someone mentioned a relay, which you should have had for the original lights. You shouldn't need the relay for the LED lights (less power required) but that relay may be keeping the LED lights from working. You'll need to bypass it and power the LED's directly.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:48 PM   #22

Fog light update:
I de-installed the lights and verified they worked directly on a battery. So a relay is not required. I also addressed the polarity question and the installed polarity/wiring was correct. I checked the power at the wires to the lights and nothing. So I'm in search of the fuse location. As noted previously, the fuse location is not noted in the owners manual so a call to the Forest River Tech Center will occur tomorrow.
Best regards,

2007 Explorer Sport Trac
fredhardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 02:52 PM   #23

Fred,
Happy to hear that you have narrowed the issue down! Hopefully FR will be able to help you tomorrow.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:33 PM   #24

More than likely the power location under the hood. I believe the A class chassis is like the C class Fords with a fuse panel under the dash and a power panel under the hood. Driver side and there should be fuses and relays. Could be a bad relay or fuse. To check relay, Ford uses same in most locations. You can swap them to see. Chassis manual or on line can tell you what is where.
Old 11-01-2015, 03:47 PM   #25

Old 11-01-2015, 03:50 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by A32Deuce View Post
More than likely the power location under the hood. I believe the A class chassis is like the C class Fords with a fuse panel under the dash and a power panel under the hood. Driver side and there should be fuses and relays. Could be a bad relay or fuse. To check relay, Ford uses same in most locations. You can swap them to see. Chassis manual or on line can tell you what is where.
Where is the hood?
Old 11-01-2015, 03:50 PM   #27

Nothing like the Ford! Freightliner chassis. Berkshires are a beast of their own!
2011 Berkshire 390-rb-40, upgraded tires and front axle airbags, 2012 Jeep Wrangler 2 door, Blue Ox baseplate and BlueOx aladdin tow bar, Blue Ox Patriot brake system, wiring run through right frame rail and homemade led taillight bar.FB.
Ham KG5LTL.
accumack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 05:06 PM   #28

Sorry about that. I guess there is nothing in the front other than inside under dash. Any compartments near the front with wiring? I guess they can, but I cant see wiring everything to the rear.
Old 11-01-2015, 05:19 PM   #29

Fred, did you check to be sure high beams weren't on as suggested by some previous posters?

Rich
Old 11-01-2015, 07:37 PM   #30
Who Dares, Wins

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredhardy View Post
Sorry for the "slow" response. I was at my 7 y/o grandsons football game this morning. I guess my priorities aren't the same as "Doc73"...........
No, our priority does seem to be the same, family first, as it should be. I apologize for being to quick to judge, I let words go to the keyboard that were better suited to keep to myself..

I know nothing of a Berkshire / freightliner so I will need to bow out of this conversation. I will offer one last thing to check or at least maybe was already thought about, did you test for power a bit in from the old ends of the wire? I say this in case water intrusion caused corrosion into the wiring a few mm or so and is not able to conduct power anymore. Otherwise I would guess a fuse shorted before a relay went but who knows, good luck. Electrical gremlins can be a bear sometimes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Pat, Jen & Heather... Oh yeah and our trained attack trailer cat, Cinnamon-EOW 11/22/2017
2015 ChevyHD D-Max
2018 Artic Wolf 315tbh8
doc73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light