Old 07-04-2014, 05:27 PM   #1

Fogged window

Anyone have any issues with the drivers side window fogging? I have a 2011 Berkshire, pretty sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 07-04-2014, 06:00 PM   #2

I'm not sure if your asking about a temporary fogging while driving or a permanent fogging condition of your dual pane windows due to a broken/defective seal?
If it's the broken seal condition, unfortunately, it's all too common in the RV industry for the past several years. Our Tiffin Allegro Bus had several fog up and a trip to the Tiffin owners forum will reflect that it's a pretty widely know issue on most RV products utilizing dual "pains"( pun intended)! Most owners have the entire window replaced, however, there are at least 2, maybe more glass companies across the US that replace the glass only. From what I understand, this is much cheaper and the results are very favorable.

Old 07-04-2014, 06:52 PM   #3

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #4

The dual pane windows are prone to fog up because you are moving a house down the road at 50-60 mph with lots of shaking. The window seals generally turn brittle and then leak to let air in. FR had dual panes in the drivers side window up to 2011 and then put a single pane in to get rid of the problems that the dual pane caused. However, this caused another problem, the single pane rattled with unbearable noise when over 50 mph. FR then made the drivers slide window smaller to rid the noise. This has worked for me in my 2012. My rear bedroom window is fogged, LOL!

Lazydays in Florida will refurbish any size window (all the panes) for $350. I went to their seminar and they claim that they have a better process on sealing the windows. A large part of this process is assembling and sealing the windows in a low humidity climate controlled clean room. They claim that many manufacturers assemble in less then desirable conditions. You might want to contact them for details.

Hank
Old 07-05-2014, 08:58 AM   #5

One more comment on the drivers side window: Of all the windows, it has the most wind buffeting from the swirling wind vortex coming off the large side-view mirror. The huge dual pane drivers slide windows take a beating. No wonder they leak.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:55 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-RV View Post
The dual pane windows are prone to fog up because you are moving a house down the road at 50-60 mph with lots of shaking.
Hank
Or as someone said to me the other day, "They're an earthquake on wheels"!!

Boowho??